I'm going to look at some dairy does tomorrow ...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, May 3, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I know I know I shouldnt be looking at more goats :oops: not with the way our season is going and you guys know I've been struggling ...

But a lady I know reasonably well rang me today and asked if I was interested in her dairy does ... she knew I had goats and had mentioned wanting some dairies way way back to her. And she is now wanting to move these ones on because she's got a cow in milk and although she loves the goats she's not getting to milking them and its a bit of a shame really to have them just raising their kids.

Now I'm not 100% sure but I think there was: two toggy does, and their two saanen x toggy kids, one buck kid and one doe kid. And the amazing thing is, she would like to just GIVE them to me!

She's local, it will take me like 5 mins to drive over there. I'm going tomorrow to have a looksie, I'm not 100% sure on anything at the moment, but I'd like to have a look, considering that I'm unhappy with the dairy does I have now ... I have no idea whether these girls are reg'd, or stud quality, or just plain old scrubby does but I'm interested ... I figure I cant go wrong if they are for free :)

I'll let you know how it goes, and maybe take pics!

ETA: Just a couple cute pics I nabbed off their website: http://www.hanericka.com.au/index.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They have this awesome movie on the website which shows their young kids doing all the stuff on the farm, its very cute, check it out :thumb:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    adorable video... that's for sure...... :love: :greengrin:

If they are free ...your right ...you can't go wrong.....don't blame ya for ...at least wanting to go look see.....they may be really nice.... :wink: Let us know how it goes.... :greengrin:

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    hehe cute video...
    let us know how it goes!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  5. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Hope you find what you want Keren! I know how much you've been wanting dairy goats.

6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    yeah I love that video ... and the pic of the buck cracks me up too.

Lol yesterday I was a bit up and down about it all, this morning I found myself getting a quarrantine yard ready with straw and hay, and checking to make sure I had enough de-wormer, de-louser and vaccine :ROFL:

7. Zelda

Zelda New Member

May 2, 2009
    Rocky Mountains
    YOU are going to love having dairy goats! :love:

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    You are preparing ....so I take it ...your going to get them..... :wink: :greengrin:

9. rdmtnranch

rdmtnranch rdmtnfarms

Mar 4, 2013
    Utah
    Sounds like fate to me.:cool:

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Um ... Rdmtnranch why did you comment on this thread from four years ago????

11. rdmtnranch

rdmtnranch rdmtnfarms

Mar 4, 2013
    Utah
    I dont know it just was on my screen when I turned it on and I guess I assumed it was current and didn't look at the date. That is weird that my screen pulled up to it. I wondered at the time how it got there?? Lol I don't know guess I have gremlins.