I'm here and so is she!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by needs to know more, Oct 7, 2007.

1. needs to know more

needs to know more New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    Tried this once will try again!!!

Here is my newest addition. She is 1/2 anatolian shepard 1/4 pyr 1/4 akbash. She's not too sure what to think of the goats and they don't know what to think of her!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    OH MY HOW ADORABLE!!!

what a cute guard dog! hehe

3. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    She is a little doll. But will soon be gigantic. :)

4. needs to know more

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
  5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am about to die with love!!!

~melting~

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    OMG that puppy is too cute!!! Are you sure you want her? :p

7. needs to know more

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    I just went to look at the puppies!!!! Although it wasn't too far I did go prepared. I knew I wanted a female. so I ignored the boys, no matter how cute they where. There was a little yellow/white one that was tempting due to personality. But this one had the color to go along with the personality. And she bit me!!!! How could I not fall in love and bring her home. I think the goats are finally getting used to her. They will now walk past her without thinking it is a bear!!!!! She has only been in with the goats since yesterday morning. So I think things are going very well!!! It is hard for me not to scoop her up and bring her in the house.

8. Pinsprings

Pinsprings New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Indiana
    She is very pretty! I wanted an Anatolian and even went to look at one but they wanted $350 for her, she was 6 mo. old and already had some bad habits.

Yesterday morning a neighbor called with an 8 week old Great Pyr puppy to give away, she is wonderful, she was born and raised in a goat pen, she loves my goats but the problem is that they don't like her and she gets her feelings hurt.

We are like you, we are trying not to cuddle her too much and not to bring her to the house, but so far, she won't leave the pen even though she can. She had never been touched before yesterday and she is still not real friendly.

[​IMG]

9. needs to know more

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    Pinsprings, you have a very cute puppy!!! Mine wasn't in with anything other than pups. So yours is one up on me. the goats will get used to her. mine are slowly. I think the pup is more scared of them than they are of her now. Give her a little milk, and each time move the dish a little farther out of the pen. I just got a spot made inside the goat sleeping area that the pup can get to but the goats can't!! mine felt comfortable running around the inside of the barn. But could get too far away from the goats. now if I can just figure out how to keep the chickens out of her food!!!

10. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    AAAAWWWW..... How cute!!!!!

11. Pinsprings

Pinsprings New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Indiana
    Well, I have heard that Chickens need a little dog food now and then for extra protein. It make them lay better.

My pup is so strange, sometimes she will bound right up to me and be friendly and other times she doesn't want anything to do with me, this may be normal behavior for them, I don't know.

I did bring her to the house and checked her again for fleas awhile ago, she was infested when we got her and had to be dipped. She does not like to leave the goats at all, she couldn't wait to get back to them.

She stays right with the herd. She is already seeming to worry about where they are all the time and she does eat goat feed.

I was worried about how she would do with chickens but this morning when I turned the chickens out, she was standing right in front of the door and three roosters dive bombed her from the sky on their way out, so she is a little leary of chickens at this point.

12. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    Oh my what CUTE puppies you have needs to know more and pinsprings! Absolutely adorable!

13. needs to know more

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    I know the food wont hurt the chickens. But it might hurt my pocket book!!!! It wasn't cheap puppy food!!!! Hopefully by the time this bag is gone I will have some a little less expensive ordered in.

so far the least of my girls worries are the chickens!!! It's them big huge things that want to come and sniff her!!!!! At least the cow across the fence seems to have calmed down a little about wanting to check her out!!!! And the horse could care less!!!!!!

14. Pinsprings

Pinsprings New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Indiana
    The main reason that I wanted the Anatolian is because I didn't think that they would eat as much and because I didn't want to have to deal with a white coat. But I must say that this pup seems to know her business right from the start and she was the exact right price, free.

It will be interesting as they grow, for us to compare notes.

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Both of the new pups are just to die for!

Good luck with that food bill! To be honest I have a 9 month old Mastiff / pyrenese cross and she eats about 4 cups a day of Iams Large Breed puppy. If she has been running and playing when a friend comes to the property to visit, I give her a little bit more. But I found that she does better, and actually eats less on the Iams, then say Purina that is cheaper.

It also makes LESS poo! And with big dogs - that definately comes in handy! The Iams breaks down more in their system and so less left over to expell. Not as many fillers.

Just a thought!

Allison

16. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Yes what very nice puppies both of you! NTKM Im coming over to do an exchange!!
    Allison is so right about the higher price dog food having less fillers resulting in more compact poop and less of it. I get it at the feed store.
    When we have switched to grocery store brands for dogs or cats, it took no time at all for coats to become dull. He eats two 2lb containers, one for breakfast & the other at dinnertime. He does not always finish it.
    As for handling, Sheriff gets a little love each day. I want him reasonably people friendly as he is intimidating by his size alone. He is Anatolian. If he wasn't mine & Iwas on his property I would not want this big oaf jumping on me!

17. needs to know more

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    right now she is getting Iams. Will see how much the chickens eat!!! won't go with store bought stuff, I don't like purina. But my boss can order some in that is a little less expensive than Iams, but better than store bought. Will see how much the chickens get and how much the puppy gets. I am all for less land mines (dog poop) as I have two large dogs in the yard!!!!
    Sorry Nancy, no trading!!!! But if you want Sheriff to learn to leave the goats alone, bring him over and put him in with Missy. She will teach him a thing or two!!!! The other day she was out in the yard and Oscar got a little too close. Both dogs know to stay away from her. He yelped and hid under the trailer for a while!!!! When it comes to her I don't worry about what my dogs will do to her, it is what she will do to my dogs!!!!! Little Miss Molly (new puppy) will not be allowed anywhere near Missy until she is as big as her, and maybe not then!!!!

18. Pinsprings

Pinsprings New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Indiana
    My husband told me that when he went out to feed the goats this evening that our old doe grabbed Angel (the pup) in her mouth and gave her a sling through the air. So I guess they are over their fear of her. But he said that they still let her eat with them.

I already cannot believe how much this pup is eating, she isn't eating a bunch at one time but continues to go back to the bowl.

19. needs to know more

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    That poor pup!!! My does have stopped butting at Molly. They seem to have excepted her. She is starting to get more comfortable with them. Now she will come out of her area more and more. The chickens don't seem to bother her at all. I guess they are small enough that she is not scared of them.
    She is eating like a horse!!!! The size of her landmines are huge compared to her!!!!

20. Pinsprings

Pinsprings New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Indiana
    I feel your pain on the food consumption, mine seems to be eating 24/7.

My goats have finally accepted her and are starting to play with her a little bit.

My big problem now is that she found out that the chickens will run from her if she runs towards them. So she is chasing all of the chickens out of the pen. I am afraid that has become her favorite pastime.