I'm here! where is everyone! I've missed you alll soooo much

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by cariboujaguar, Nov 25, 2007.

1. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    OMGoodness I loose internet for 2 months, come back and GW is GONE! I almost died! I have bottle jaw and worm issues run through the herd that me and the vet couldn't figure out, I thought I'd die without your guys' advice :p It is so good to be back! Can't wait to reunite with you all!
    Ashley or Not Too Shabby Nubians :)

2. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    It is so good to see you here! Welcome!!!

I am sorry about your problems, hopefully you can get them resolved!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    HEY GIRL!!!!! so glad you are back. So sorry you are dealing with these issues.

Welcome to The Goat Spot!

besides the above mentioned issues how has the transition been?

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Caribou (love the name, very rememberable (yes it is a word, cuz I said so!) ) =) ! I was going to look up your site and email you! It's so good you found us!!!!!

5. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    My sites down :( lost hosting when we switched from camcast to sprint wireless. Ima put it back up on geoocities I think... not sure yet! Nice to know you were thinking about me :) I searched and searched for GW and could NOT find anything so I went to district 7 on yahoo groups and someone sent me here. I am sooo relived!
    Things are better, three girls are out getting bred right now and I got a new doeling, unfortunately she has horns and I'm scared to have them surgically removed. they are small right now but too big to be burned... they're about two and a half inches... haven't named her yet either... she's a doberman color which I LOVE! I'm also looking at buying two alpine does from Beth 'sparks(can't recall the numbers lol) Our yearling buckling won't go into rut, he got listeriosis (SP) while being leased out and is almost fully recoveredbut he's not acting bucky :( so we have to go to outside sources... I need a nigerian buck to lease or buy if anyone knows of one...
    anyway that's all i can really think of ATM... how are all of you???

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I am having my buckling's horns removed this winter, there are just to many cons to having horns. I am scared but AM going to do it. I know Harmony Mountain Ranch has a buckling or two available.

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    O BTW here is a picture of the buckling I got from Idaho, I was talking to you about getting him dam, but shipping was too much so I got a buckling instead! (He is the one with the horns :( ) If you don't remember that's fine lol it was a long time ago :p

[​IMG]

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome Ashely! It's nice to see you!
    Well, since you have been gone, I got a new doe, Raven: http://www.freewebs.com/sandylanefarm/raven.htm
    I had to dehorn my buck Caesar(only one scur though) and my wether Gus, you can see pics of Gus' dehorning in Goat Sense 101. If you have a good vet who knows what they are doing it isn't that bad.

9. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Welcome back Ashley-
    sorry you have been having worm problems- that can take a lot of effort to get under control and the minute you turn your back, they come back.

10. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Welcome back! :)

Muddy Creek Farm- I love your buckling, he's very pretty. :)

11. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Why thank you =) I love him too, but he doesn't love me - he's W I L D. But we are working on that :p

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Glad to see you made it here. Those withdraws shakes should stop now. :p

13. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    I LOVE you buck! you must be so proud!

goat happy, Raven is STUNNING! The front end assembly on that doe is near perfect! What a looker. Breed her to an awesome topline and udder buck and you'd have one of th eprettiest goats ever! Although I guess you already do huh? lol. She's very nice, will you be showing her?

I'll go check out the dehorning thing, it's scary but we're afraid if we ever sell her she'll go for meat
    :( not that we intend to sell her but if those horns become a problem then we'd have to... poor baby. At least she's only 6 months... I was thinking we might even be able to ;lop them off and burn them... anyone have any luck with this? They're about 1/2 inch in diameter at the base and still not completely hard...

thanks!

14. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    My mom and I did a 3 month old doe with the iron, left it on for 15 seconds, she had a little scur but she's ok now. I'm not sure what the maximum age for disbudding is.
    Thanks for the compliments! She's my sweety :) I'm not sure if we'll be showing next year or not, I'd like to, but we'll see. I am doing Appraisal next year!! :D
    Here is the dam of the buck she was originally bred to: http://www.shadylawnfarmgoats.com/zap.htm here is the sire of the buck: http://www.shadylawnfarmgoats.com/act.htm
    She came back into heat though but she looked pregnant :( So she got bred to Caesar, my junior herdsire, here's his dam: http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h232/ ... mlarge.jpg
    If she is infact bred to the first buck, I get to keep a buck out of her, but if she's pregnant by Caesar, I'll still be happy :D
    As you can tell, I love talking about my goats :D

15. cariboujaguar

cariboujaguar New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    who here doesn't love talking about their goats? lol! Nice lines, I'm excited to see her babies!!!

16. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    love your buckling....good luck with the dehorning. i think, from what i have read here , that as long as you have a vet that knows goats, you should be ok.

17. ozarksvalley

ozarksvalley New Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Missouri
    Hey, great to see you again!!! Did you ever get the Nigerians? :D

18. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Great to see you! I know I freaked out tooooo when goat web was gone.

Do you still have Sinbad? Do you have any kids out of him? I am very interested to hear! I am getting a buck from Jen in the Spring :). I am soooooo excited!!! I can't wait.