I'm looking for Mini(s)- Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Marcus, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    First of all I'm sorry to report that my head goat Hershey passed away yesterday. He had a good and very long life. He leaves a big void though, which I'm leaning pretty strongly towards filling with with one or two little goats. I'm getting older myself and I'm thinking that Minis would be easier for me to care for. I've always had full size goats and they've been beating me up lately. Does anyone know of any available in western Wisconsin or the Twin Cities area?

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry ...for your loss.... :( :hug:

I hope you can find a good mini...good luck to you.... :thumb:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  4. Marcus

Marcus New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I picked up a Nubian dwarf called "Sparkler" from Green Gables- thanks!(I call him "Sparks" after a 70's rock band). We bonded right away- he loves me and I love him. I've been spending a lot of time with him, but he sure makes a scene when I go back in the house. Unfortunately the big Doe with horns doesn't like him so much. He has his own stall so she doesn't torment him when he's in there. I see that when I add more minis next spring it might help to add more stalls to ease the transition.

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So glad you found a littler goatie to love! Big Doe will get used to him...it will take some time though, and the idea of having a few extra "transition" stalls is a good one :wink:

6. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

I live in northern Minnesota but make deliveries to the twin cities for an additional fee. I raise purebred Nigerian dwarf goats and have 17 girls due to kid between feb-April. If you are interested you can see my goats at www.freewebs.com/pelicanacres