I'm losing my mind!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by gnomes'n'goats, Mar 29, 2008.

1. gnomes'n'goats

gnomes'n'goats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    As usual my goat Helga has been teasing me. Her ligaments are just about gone, her tummy is just about dropped and she has a little discharge, she's been licking me and she just looks ready to kid! She's looked ready to kid for three days! I do believe she is on day 149.
    gaaaa I'm gonna start ripping my hair out.

Well- how 'bout helping me come up with some baby goat names to pass the time? I like the Scandanavianish names... so far I have a Helga, Lena, Olga, Gertrude, Ivan and the papa of this springs kids was Thor (RIP).
    The crazier the names the better! :greengrin:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds like fun :wink:

Thats just all part of it, they want to see you crazy before they do anything. :roll:

3. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    How about "Igor". Yep, I can say I know what you are going through. I keep hoping Scrumptious kids very soon-otherwise she'll be having Saanen cross babies-and I want LaMancha babies.Thankfully I know for sure that Kadisha is bred to the LaMancha buck so I may have atleast one LaMancha kid born-it'll probably be a buck-being my luck.

4. gnomes'n'goats

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    Igor!?!?!!! rofl!!!
    Only if he's a hunched back goat. lol... I always think of Frankenstein when I hear the name Igor.

Helga is still holding out- gaaa!

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Still no babies? I have some does who are lickers. Uh!!!

6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I know exactly what you mean, Jada is looking so ready, but I guess she's liking all the extra attention. Hopeing for does :girl: :girl:

7. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Lemme go look up some cute Swedish names. And I have a Swedish dictionary so I could look up certain words for ya. :)

8. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    Is she still holding out on you? Hang in there. :hair: She is waiting for you to not be watching. Here are a few female (think doe) names and the meaning:
    Ada: Sweet or pleasant
    Arabella: Eagle heroine.
    Giselle: Pledge.
    Greta: Pearl.
    Matilda: Strength in battle.

9. gnomes'n'goats

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    Well goat like to mess with our heads don't they?
    I wasn't around this afternoon for the first time in weeks. What happens? OLGA, the goat who I didn't think would kid yet, had twin GIRLS!!!!
    She has a little silver chamoisee type colored kid and a teeny tiny cocoa and white kid that is so adorable!

Helga hasn't kidded yet...grrrrrrr....

oooo I like the name Matilda!
    And Sara, do look up some Swedish names! I'm half Swedish, don't cha know. :leap:

10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    They are cute!! :leap: Congrats!!

11. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    Great pictures. Baby goats are so cute. Congrats :girl: :girl: . I told you they like to wait until you are not watching that is one way they mess with our heads. Be careful if you turn your back on Helga. She is waiting and watching for that moment you are not paying attention. :lol: Suellen

12. gnomes'n'goats

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    Hmmm... I think Helga is jealous of all the attention going to Olga and the babies. She keeps giving me annoyed looks. I told her if she kids she'll get all the attention she wants.
    Goats never listen though...

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations on 2 very cute little girls!!
    My hubby is 1/2 Norwegian and has an Aunt named Olga!!........Hope Helga gives up those kids for ya soon!!

14. gnomes'n'goats

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    Helga still hasn't popped. :sigh: