I'm making myself crazy... some Q's

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by magilacudy, Feb 26, 2010.

1. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    I find I'm spending these cold snowy days in the barn, staring at goat butt!! :oops: This Billy is very skitish, in the month he's been with the girls I have not witnessed any breeding. Itry and give them privacy. The girls run away from him and only once this past weekend I saw him and Cindy chasing eachother around. I've been taking rear pics everyday, so I can catch any differences. Yesterday and the day before Cindy looked more open and there was yellow crusties all around her hole, today shes looks normal. Can you spot anything?

Another question.. I was planning on bringing Billy home on March 7th. (been here since Jan.23) Should I keep him longer? Maybe put him in his own pen for a few days, then put him back with the girls?
    I'll be crushed if I dont get a kid this year.

Attached Files:

• 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      147.9 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      149.5 KB
      Views:
  2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    They do look as though he covered them. I would wait a few days to separate him though...especially since its just been a month, each of your girls could have heats a week or 2 apart, this way you'll know he got the heats.

3. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Do you leave the buck in with the girls at night? The breeding may have taken place during the night or early morning. Last year my buck was romancing one of my girls at 3 am. :roll: Also seeing the deed is not a guarantee. I saw my buck do the deed last year with one girl, but it didn't take then, but did on her next heat.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    its to early to say by pooch test if they are bred or not

5. magilacudy

magilacudy Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Ontario
    I knew it would be too early to tell, Liz helped me with that the other day. I was just curious about the yellow coloring. I'm going to keep him here for another cycle.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    im not seeing anything unusual or yellow in color - sorry