I'm new here...just like these adorable babies. :D

Discussion in 'Birth Announcements' started by cmjust0, May 26, 2010.

1. cmjust0

cmjust0 New Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Hi. I've lurked here for a while, but haven't posted. Now that I have beaucoup pictures of new goat babies, well...seems like the right time. :)

Out of Starla, by Valentino. Born 4/16/10.
    Doeling #1
    [​IMG]

Buckling
    [​IMG]

Doeling #2
    [​IMG]

Out of Seven, by Valentino. Born 5/5/2010
    Doeling
    [​IMG]

Buckling -- perhaps the most beautiful goat ever born
    Pic1
    [​IMG]
    Pic2
    [​IMG]

Out of Starla Jr., by Valentino. Born 5/24/10
    Buckling #1
    [​IMG]

Doeling
    [​IMG]

Buckling #2
    [​IMG]

We have two does left to kid...another Nubian (Jenny), and an 81% American Boer (Sassy).. Both bred to Valentino. Jenny's due 6/5, and Sassy's due 7/3.

I apologize for any cuteness overload this mass picture post may have caused. :p

2. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    First: Welcome! :leap:
    Second: Where are you?
    Third: How much for the moon spot buckling? :eek:hlala:
    Everybody else just backoff! I was first! :p

BTW, I'm Gina and live in Alabama, but can travel within reason. LOL!

PS, beware of moving bushes. Can't name names, just saying....

Gina

3. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    RE:The most beautiful buckling ever born-

WOW :drool: I don't own Nubians but he is gorgeous! Now-please take that with a grain of salt...I'm a newbie...hehe. Still though..he makes me want a nubian!

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    WELCOME!!!!

What beautiful lil' long ears you have!! And though they are all just adorably gorgeous, that lil' spotted buckling is :shocked: Beautiful!

Congrats on such perfect kid's!

5. cmjust0

cmjust0 New Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Thanks, everybody. We're located in in central Kentucky, about 30mi north of Lexington; 75mi south of Cincy; 65mi east of Louisville.

The little silver spotted boy may end up being a keeper.. He's out of an unregistered doe, and ADGA won't allow recorded grade bucks...so, no papers for him. Well, unless we go with IDGR, which may be less than worthwhile.. Dunno..

At first, his paper status sorta meant to me that the whole situation was a real shame since he wouldn't bring nearly what he was actually worth.. Genetically speaking, if he's not absolutely PB, he's dang close.. His dam's dam is the only one in question, and she's a way-high % doe herself, based on conformation.

As we've thought more about it, though, what it might actually mean is that he's not worth selling...which means he may be a keeper. :p

The question then becomes...what to do with him?

We may -- MAY -- end up seeking out a few gray-influenced ADGA registered FB Nubian does and using him to make some ADGA 50% R/G does. Hopefully, gray spotted ones.. We figure if we keep breeding for and getting Nubians that look similar to him long enough to be able to put some kids in the ADGA PB American herdbook, it could all end up being very worthwhile.

He's somehow gotten a name already, and somehow become very, very sweet and sociable to people.. Dunno how that could possibly have happened. :p We're calling him Gandalf. As in, Gandalf the Grey.
    :D

Still...all that said, ...he may end up being sold. Dunno yet.

6. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    WOW! He really is a gorgeous buckling and I love all of the polka dots! You are right, let him throw a couple does with that coloring and then breed them up to purebred...not a bad idea! He's very unique. Did his sire look that way? Maybe it's your doe creating all of that color and you could get her registered native on appearance. I don't know. Just a thought!

7. cmjust0

cmjust0 New Member

Oct 8, 2009
    I'm sorta working on trying to get his dam in the books as a 50% recorded grade based on the fact that her daddy (the buckling's maternal grand sire) was a register*able* FB Nubian buck...who was never registered. If I could track him down and get whoever owns him now (if he's still living) to get him registered, then we could do that.. And this little guy's sire is a PB American Nubian.. So, if all the paperwork were in order, the little buckling's *sister* could actually go in the books as 75% recorded grade.. His grand-dam could probably be recorded on appearance, but I'm not sure that helps since the doelings of ROAs can still only go in the American books as 50% recorded grades -- even if the papa is 100% FB! Makes no sense to me, but...oh well.

Bottom line is that this little guy's grand-dam is the only one in question, but even if she were **A THOROUGHBRED RACEHORSE** he'd still be 75% Nubian...and the grand-dam is pretty obviously >75% herself.. So, he's got -- at most -- 25% unknown blood in one ancestor *two generations back*...which makes his mama 88% minimum, and him 94% at a bare minimum. He's more likely 97%, since his grand dam looks to be more like 88% or thereabout..

It's all screwed up. lol

He's purty, though. :D

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW what adorable babies you have there. In picture 7 is that doe babies legs bent funny or just the way she is standing? Also, picture 2, it must be the positions the babies face is, but she looks like her mouth is deformed.

:wave: welcome and so glad you joined us. I just love those long ears.

Looks like Valentino was a busy boy. :ROFL:

9. cmjust0

cmjust0 New Member

Oct 8, 2009
    No, you're seeing right.. She was born a little bowlegged in the left front. I considered giving her about 1/2ml of Bo-Se, but the wait and see approach seems to be working.. She's straightening up. :)

If you mean the one labeled "doeling #2" out of the first set of three, she has a frosty muzzle.. Against her mama as a backdrop, it makes it look like she's MISSING a muzzle..

She's actually the first of all the kids to really learn what she can do with her piehole....that is, SCREEEEEEEEAMMMMMMM bloody murder if mama or her sibs get more than 10' away. Trust me...that one doesn't have a mouth problem. :greengrin:

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome.... :wave: they are all adorable.... :love:

11. cmjust0

cmjust0 New Member

Oct 8, 2009
    toth boer goats..hmm...I think I might have a Boer with one of your sires in her lineage. She's 81%, and her dam's-dam's-sire is listed as "Toth's Conagher." He was born 2/29/2000, and is registered as 50% in the commercial herdbook.. His sire was "Norris' Elrod"..

Conagher one of yours, or was he from a different Toth?

12. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Gorgeous babies! I am in KY as well, about 15 mins from Lexington. Nice to know another person from KY!
    The buckling is absolutely STUNNING! Good luck with him! :)

13. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Wow! I love the first doeling and Seven's doeling in particular, but they're all just beautiful! That buckling is definitely colorful, you should see my doeling Dancer she's purebred registered Nubian and she's quite unusually colored too, I think you'd like her, she's my baby. lol

14. cmjust0

cmjust0 New Member

Oct 8, 2009
    I went to the website listed under your name...is she the 'CBC Dancing inthe Stars' on the Jr. Does page?? If so...she's a real looker!

If only my guy was registered, it would be super cool to see what she'd throw with him covering.. Could be something REALLY special! :chin:

She's awesome.. :thumb:

15. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    That first doeling has some great spots, too! Congrats on such gorgeous babies and Welcome to TGS!

16. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    Welcome! What gorgeous kids - and like everyone else I am in love with the buckling.

Hrm...maybe my Nubian doe wants to take a trip to Kentucky this fall! :wink: :wink: :nudge: :nudge: