IM off to fair

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by SDK, May 7, 2009.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    will give updates ect when back

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    have fun! good luck at the shows!! :dance:

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Good Luck, Smile big and most of all. HAVE FUN.

4. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Yes, good luck and have fun! Oh, the anticipation for us too, it's so fun.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Good luck to you.......... :wink:

6. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Good Luck!!! :greengrin:

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    epic fail of a show..

amelia did her usual best.. she had a pretty loppy udder but still placed second of 7 and went into champion drive after the first place took grand

second show judge was a complete idiot... enough said

kabook i got dead last in both shows out of 10.. the breeder was crying because she was so upset with it and i need to decided on what i'm doing by the 6ht

9. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    oh SDK, that sucks :( I have been there before with an animal you think should place in the class, and its just such a sinking feeling when you get put down into last.

I dont envy you at all having to make a decision about booki ... :(

:hug:

10. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    the second judge for amelia was an idiot.. just.. totally got opposites with reasons and everything.. kabooki's breeder is an ex judge and was like.. that girl is an idiot.. and she hates nigies so i felt better about it..

I got pictures of mimi at her prettiest.... which right now isnt too pretty

poor kabooki... i love her , but i can't keep animals i can't show.. I think that i may be able to send her to my friends to be a milk provider where i can play with her.. otherwise.. i'll have to think of something

i really don't know if i want another doe.. which sounds stupid....i probably will get either a kid or a young yearling if i do..

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am sorry it didn't go well.... :( ...but that doesn't mean ...that you have bad animals ....some judges... I agree are not good ...at what they do....or only have one track minds..........Unfortunately it does depend on the judges taste..... :sigh:
    I know ...you have very nice animals SDK....don't beat up yourself up over it.....we know your animals should get 1st/grand..... :wink: :hug:

12. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well congratulations on Amelia. That is great. I am sorry about the other, but you have to remember it is the judges opinion that day.

Now as a a judge myself it is hard when people say how stupid the judges are, because we really try our best. It is hard to be perfect and a judge will see things different then other people do because they are in the ring and they are able to touch all the animals; but if it was because she does not like Nigi's and that is all, then I do totally agree, that is not fair. I do believe that the Nigi's should NOT be in the same class as a full grown dairy (full size) goat. They are not even close to the same. They need to have a Nigi class, maybe put a Nigi in with other mini's.

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    nigies were by themselves...

but kabooki has to leave.. the breeder was crying.. and she had known one of the judges for 50 years.. so.. i'm still really mad about it all

14. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Ahh dont sweat it SKD. Ive had one judge place my girls 1 2 & 3 at one show and a year later the same judge leave them way back.