I'm off to see the Wizard!(Notreally, but you get the idea)

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Sonrise Farm, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    not until fall actually. :greengrin:
    And . . .I won't be talking to the Wizard either. . . .more likely the director of Ancient Arts Midwifery Institute. (over the phone . . .it's a distance based program)
    :wahoo: starting midwifery school (ing) fall 09!
    I am so excited, I have been waiting fo-ev-ah for this to actually start happening!
    :wahoo: YAHOO! :wahoo:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: I'm off to see the Wizard . . .

so you are going to school and boarding there or is it local?

Congrats on getting in :thumb:

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Re: I'm off to see the Wizard . . .

okay, maybe my above choice of words wasn't the best . . .I'll revise . . . :greengrin:
    . . . .actually it's a distance program . . . .but I will be apprenticing this summer I think to a local midwife, and I will be going to midwife conferences.
    I chose to do a distance program mainly because I am (still) hoping to get a goat farm set up (someday.).
    It's based in OK.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if I were you I would go off to school. That is one thing now I wish I had done. But I dont regret what I chose to do just thinking back I think it would have been a good choice to try a new place out. A goatling life is always something I could return to or start up anywhere ;)

5. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    my dad would have a heartattack if I moved out to go to school . . . *secondary reason for staying home . . .I know my parents could not take it . . .I couldn't take it. . . *
    I actually feel safer in a place I know. Someday I do want to see Arizona and Florida . . . .but right now my mom needs me to take care of the goats and the triplets. ;)
    Maybe someday when they (the trips) are older, and when I think (and my parents think) I am mature enough to leave home, I will.

But for right now I am content to stay home, bury myself in textbooks, play with my animals, help birth goaties, and be surrounded by my family.
    :)

6. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    I have to tell you that I had midwives for two of my harder childbirths. I loved my midwives!!
    They are about as cool as cool gets!!

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I use to feel that way .... I grew up and realized I wanted to do more with my life :wink: but thats ok, there is a time and place for everything. One thing that as kids we need to realize is that we cant let our parents fears rule our lives and parents need to remember what it was like to be a young woman or young man reaching out and wanting to explore what advantages are available to them. My parents had to learn to lean on "Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it." I told my parents over and over "You have trained us well, we wont forget what you have taught us." They still had fears but it was not about me or my siblings but more about 'did we train them right?' But they have nothing to worry about. Letting go is such a hard thing for parents and as their children we need to encourage them to do so but not to much that they balk at it :wink:

I have the advantage of being the second born but the third to attempt to do anything outside the home (besides work). :greengrin: My sister just sighs and says "the privilege of being the oldest" poor girl, but I am grateful for the path she paved for me :greengrin: the first is always the hardest