I'm on Baby watch FINALLY. Pictures added

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by sweetgoats, Jan 3, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well I have really no idea when my goats were bred because I put them in with the buck and let them romance each other for a month. So I have to just go by the date I put them in the buck and kind of guess.
    Well Monica was bred on purpose to Cupid but Penny Lane, well I have no idea how she was bred because I never saw or should I say remember them a buck getting to her that early.
    So Monica has bagged up like triple the size from yesterday morning to today, and her ligs are almost totally gone. She had a little discharge like the plug, so I will have to keep her in her own stall with the new camera on her.
    I also have Penny Lane that is her mom that has a discharge and then I have Topaz that never had a bag last year and no sign what so ever of her getting ready to kid and she did, So I get to have those sleepless nights now. :leap: OH how I do love them and dislike them at the same time.

I will post some pictures when I get back.

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Re: I'm on Baby watch FINALLY

:cool: YAY!

I'm slightly jealous of you but I only have a month to go before I have some kids too. LOL :wahoo:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Woo Hoo - I will check on you through out the day.

4. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

:leap: babies soon!!! Keep us posted :leap:

5. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN

:cool: baby watch is always exciting

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Oh boy exciting. I wont get to congratulate you till later in the week....but i hope they are easy deliveries

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Well I just got home and I went to check on everyone. Now we are not at all sure who will go first.
    I am going to lock us three tonight. We are in for a good snow storm, so I am sure something MIGHT happen. I still might have a bit to go. Who knows.

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Here are a few pictures. I know most of you are going to say that she has no bag, but beings they are not dairy goats they will not get them that look like the Dairy breeds. Ours are really pretty small compared to your goats.

Here is Monica today. She is really a lot bigger then she looks,

[​IMG]

Here is her teat. Yesterday you could not see them at all. Matter of fact I felt her and she had NO bag to feel either, and now this.
    [​IMG]

Here is her mom Penny Lane. She is the one that had the discharge. I do not know if you can see it there but it really is. It was a pretty big glob.
    [​IMG]

Here they are together. I think they are telling each other how miserable they are.
    [​IMG]

Here is another goat. I am not sure of her date either but she is getting a little bitty bag. This is Valentine. She is so big look at the way she has to put her back feet just so she can stand without falling over. She waddles when she walks. :ROFL:

[​IMG].

Here she is not impressed that I am taking a picture of her rear.

[​IMG]

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Poor girls. I hope you have some nice kids soon! :girl: :girl: :girl: :boy: :boy: :boy:

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    they look so uncomfortable .. :( ..hope they will pop soon... :)

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    You have some very pretty girls. So these are all angoras correct? have they been sheared lately? I guess I just expected more hair - LOL

I really like Valentine though!

12. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, wow. They look very pregnant! :shocked: And miserable! Poor girls, hope they kid soon, for your sake and their own!

BTW, they look sooooo soft! I would just wanna cuddle with them, they look so soft. :love:

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My goodness! Looks like they are going to be giving you LOTS of babies! Each of those girls are big enough to give you triplets!

14. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    How are they doing? Any kids yet? Figured I would come on and check since I can't sleep.

15. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Allison, Lori has Cashmere goats. Shorter staple then Angora, and we don't shear them, we comb the cashmere out with a big comb, in the early spring.

Looking good Lori, your girls are farther along then mine. Mine aren't due till March. Good luck! :hi5:

16. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    valentine is so pretty

17. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Yep just like Di said. Mine are Cashmere.

Nope we have no babies yet. I am sure I am jumping the gun but they are getting bigger bags every day and the weather is so darn cold and a lot of snow. With those two factors I figure babies for sure. I guess i will get more :coffee2: and wait.

This is why I hate it when I do not have a exact date. I never really do. Then if I have a doe here to be bred and I know the date they are bred, I see it and I call the owner. They do not mark the date down and they expect me to remember. I tell them that I will tell you and you have to write it down, I have my own does to try to take care of. :GAAH:

18. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Lori - Those girls are beautiful, I can't wait to see pictures of their kids.

I'm sitting here wondering how you actually got such good pictures of your goats, apparently by yourself? Every time I go out to mine they mob me and all I have for pictures are noses in the camera lens! :ROFL: I tried getting backend pictures of several of mine... it was impossible as they kept turning around to come give me hugs. I finally had to have my daughter hold them and even then they kept trying to turn around to see what I was doing back there. Silly goats.

I am also anxious to hear how you like your new camera after this...let me know if you think it was worth getting and installing.

Waiting for your kids.... :girl: :girl: :girl:

19. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    Lori they are so very pretty!
    I just love the style of your girls!!
    Can't wait to hear what they have!

20. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ