I'm shopping for Saanens!!!

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by SkyesRanch, Feb 28, 2011.

1. SkyesRanch

SkyesRanch New Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Stephenville, Texas
    Okay look at the three Saanens towards the middle of the page and tell me what you think. They are only an hour away from me. I want show quality. These will not be pets or milkers. Tell me which you like the best or if you don't like them at all. I'm new to standard dairy goats. Ive been doing Nigerians for several years but I think I'm ready for some big girls! So I'm looking for Saanens, Sables, and Alpines. After much research these are my favs. :)

http://teatsntails.com/For%20Sale.htm

2. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I don't kow a lot about Saanens, but I love them. Saanens look very classy to me. I have to say, these girls look amazing. I can see lots of length and level toplines. Wide and level rumps. Lots of chest area and uphill at the withers. Nice leg set and long necks. They look very dairy to me. I can't honestly see anything wrong with any one of them. I don't know anything about bloodlines but I would jump at the chance for one of these girls. I love them.......I love them.....I love them...... Wish I was only an hour from something this nice......

3. SweetSaanens

SweetSaanens New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    I can't say much for show quality because I have never shown a goat but they look beautiful!

I do LOVE the Saanens as a breed though, they are sooo sweet and not only easy to handle but of all the Saanens I know they never cause trouble in the herd!

They are great big gentle giants

4. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Wondering if you got one??