The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a milking machine! Got it for a steal (literally), like 1/4 the cost of a new one. The guy had to get out of the goat business, sold all his goats awhile ago and was finally disposing of equipment................After we talked for awhile he decided to come way down on price, still more than i wanted to pay but he threw in a milking stand and a couple hay racks too so I am happy (Hubby less happy, doesn't know what i plan to do with all the milk and didn't buy the 'bargain' idea but once i start making stuff again he will be happier)

It looks like it needs new hoses, a new gasket on the stainless bucket lid, there is probably some maintenance to be done on the motor (it runs, he started it up) and he had regular sized goats and i have nigerians so probably new shells/silicone thingys but I have until September to worry about using it - may need help figuring out everything (he explained all the parts to me but i've never used one before) I have a family history of arthritis and i was definitely feeling it last year after milking 4 goats so this should make life easier.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts