I'm so excited!

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by keren, Mar 13, 2010.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Well I have been on the waiting list for some doe kids from the best dairy goat breeder in Australia, and finally after I think 3 yrs I am at the top of the list. If all goes well and her does give her lots of girl babies this year, I will get two beautiful stunning little doe kids this year at Melbourne show in September!

I'm so excited, I cant wait. This lady's animals are absolutely stunning.

Here is her website

http://www.buttaradairygoats.com/pageone.php

I havent got reservations for any particular doe, because anything she breeds is fantastic :) she only has a handful of does now, so only produces a small number of kids each year.

Hoping for a girl year :laugh:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats!

So I guess you wont be leasing your herd out anytime soon then

3. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    lol stacey the boer goats, angora goats and damara sheep are all being leased out. which just leaves me with dotti (BA doe kid) and bullseye (togg wether kid).

I guess I'm too addicted I cant get rid of them all completely and be without any goats lol

The good thing about these is that, the reason I leased out the others is to give me freedom to travel interstate for work. Well, these particular dairy goats are about the only ones around that qualify for interstate travel. So, I could take them with me if I wish. Alternatively, my mum is happy to keep them with her dairy goats, but she didnt want the other breeds.

And chances are I might get a really good job here, locally, anyway which means I wont have to move interstate to work (which is both a good thing and a bad thing).

I'm feeling very optimistic :D I hope I get this job, if I do it will be like dominoes falling into place ... there is a 30acre GORGEOUS farm up for lease, close to the job, that I could fill with beautiful little saanens and british alpines ... LOL

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sweet - hope it works out :pray:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Good luck keren.... :thumbup: :greengrin:

6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    :D thanks pam and stacey

even if I do get the job, and the farm lol I will leave the rest of the goats out on lease because it will give me 2 yrs at least to really concentrate on building up my little herd of top quality dairy goats. And I fully intend to then look at importing those blasted nigis again lol

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your very welcome.... :wink: sounds like... things are going to turn around for you... with your goats ... I am so happy for you.... :hug: