I'm so sad...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by HoosierShadow, Mar 11, 2011.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Well.... we just sold our baby girl a little while ago. Summer. She was our doe born last July. I am so sad, I'm gonna miss that spoiled lil brat :(
    With keeping 3 of the doelings, we had to make the decision. My kids want to use the doelings for 4-H.
    Summer's mama is kiko, and sire is boer.

The good news is she is going to a wonderful home, and will be with her twin brother and a half brother! They may not remember each other, but she'll be well cared for, and when she's mature she'll be bred to the half brother <different dam>. I am so excited that the 3 of them will be in the same home :) We miss those boys, and will dearly miss Summer.

It'll be so strange going outside now and not having her call to me or meet me at the gate, or be stuck up my butt to see what I am doing/what she can get. Man oh man....I am so sad... :(

I knew you guys would understand the feeling, and had to talk to someone about it.

[​IMG]

Summer with the boys
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Summer and her mama, Snow White a couple of months ago
    [​IMG]

I was laying on my belly trying to get pics from a 'different' angle, and she spotted me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She came over, and plopped down next to me, wanting to be snuggled with.

I am happy for her, but wow...I can't help but be sad.

2. iddybit acres

iddybit acres New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newberry, MI
    I'm glad she found a great forever home!!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I know it isn't easy... :( what a beautiful girl... I am really happy... she has a good home.... :hug:

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    To be honest this is why I don't have babies here......I just can't give them up! I can so understand how you feel.....at least you know where she is going and she will be well loved. Throw yourself into your babies, not that they can replace her......but they help fill the void.

5. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Love the pictures, she sure is pretty.

Jan

6. What a pretty girl. Great pictures too!

7. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks everyone. It's been a crazy afternoon/evening around here, I guess that was a way to help not think about her leaving us!
    I was worried my oldest two kids would be really sad since they didn't get to say goodbye. They seem okay though, they knew we were selling her, and she'd possibly be leaving today.
    The girls all know something is up. One of my does who has been very quiet these past few months was really noisy this afternoon, and Summer's dam was standing at the fence crying for a while.

We have a buckling we're going to sell soon, and that's what will really be sad, he's my buddy. I know I can't keep them all, and I am just happy being able to find them good homes. Have fun, and enjoy them while we have them :) At least we know we'll have more in the future to fall in love with, raise, spoil, and hopefully they will be lucky too! So far no 'meat wethers' WHEW!

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :hug:

9. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I think she remembered her 'brothers' and they remembered her. They said they all took up with each other within minutes :)
    And of course the boys showed her the ropes on how to get in trouble LOL
    Her brother was a reddish tan color, and now he looks like he's getting black around the neck/chest. And then the other boy who looks more like boer than kiko was really good sized IMO. It was GREAT to see pictures of them :) He has already outgrown his mama who isn't real large <she's a boer kiko mix>. He looks just like his daddy :)

I'm so happy for them all, how great that they can be together again!

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  11. Wow. What a sweetheart goat. You really have a photographer's eye.

Hope you're recovering. :hug:

12. Lexibot

Lexibot New Member

Jul 27, 2010
    Missouri
    OMG, what an ABSOLUTE cutie, new owners are so very lucky!

13. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks so much! I'm doing better now, staying really busy so it makes it easier not to feel sad. I am going through and cleaning every room in the house, organizing, and trying to make it look a little well...organized before family comes to visit this weekend :)

14. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Aww...she looks like a sweetheart...I can see why you'd miss her. Sounds like she went to a wonderful home though.

15. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Well.............. We sold a buckling yesterday....he is one of my very favorites, and our first born this year. I called him my lil Flashie boy, his name was Flash. He went to a really nice family who are starting a commercial boer herd. They fell in love with him, which is super easy to do. He's very laid back and easy going, and has such an awesome personality. I miss my lil man so very very much.

16. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Selling them has to be the hardest part of raising goats. Selling cattle is soooo easy because they don't follow you around like a puppy and want your love so selling them means nothing to me. But when the kids go it pulls on your heart a little.

17. Hush Hills Fainters

Hush Hills Fainters New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    awwwwe...............I know it's tough! I just sold the first goat I ever bought! But she is also going to a good home! So that makes it a little easier. :hug:

18. HoosierShadow

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Thanks! It's so sad going out there and not seeing my lil Flashie :( His dam seems better this evening, but she was very depressed yesterday, and her doeling is staying close by her side. His dam didn't finish her grain yesterday, soooo unlike her. She gobbled it up today though, so that's a good sign. Her udder isn't getting hard or anything, so we're not sure if the doeling is nursing both sides, or if she was starting to wean.... I haven't seen her nurse her doeling at all, but my husband said he has...I don't know..... I'd like for her to start drying up soon.

19. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
  20. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    :hug: Sweetheart is a pretty girl, and it's good she went to a good home. We haven't sold any home grown babies yet so not sure how that's going to feel. Our boys don't have names because they will be sold or in the freezer after the kids do 4-h shows with them. Either way, it will be hard but I know what you mean. We can't keep them all.