IM SOOOOOOO MAD I COULD SLAP SOMEONE!!!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by TinyHoovesRanch, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Lizzy_18

Lizzy_18 New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    AMENS SISTA
    U SAID IT ALL!! :D
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jigCZXmXKJ4&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jigCZXmX ... re=related[/ame] HAHA :p

2. Lizzy_18

Lizzy_18 New Member

Feb 14, 2010
  3. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Question on ff's -- you don't want to keep a buck until you see how the doe will milk? IS that it?

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Yes, with FF it is really impossible to know exactly what potential her udder has, in some cases though, there are breeders that are BLESSED to have awesome udders on their FF, in most cases , such as mine with Binkey her previous owner dried her off with her FF because her udder was small...she freshened her 2nd time with me and her udder was quadruple the size it was her FF. Her capacity was awesome with just over 2qts a day at peak.

So, with FF it is at most best to wait until they are at 2nd or even 3rd freshening to see if her boys are buck worthy.

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Ditto what Liz said -- also, attachments can change drastically after a doe freshens a 2nd time. Sometimes those changes are good, sometimes they are not. I choose not to sell bucks out of FF's but we're all different.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I personally don't - but I don't have those BIG udders quite yet that I have seen on some First Freshners. But I think it is the responisibility of the breeder to be trying to better the breed and not make a quick buck (no pun intended).... by really only selling bucks that are worthy - but then again it is also on the buyer to be educated on what they need to look at for a buckling.

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Wow, that is really rotten Laura! Some people these days...

8. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

hehe thanks....Im over it now, if she wants to screw people over, thats on her :)

9. Lizzy_18

Lizzy_18 New Member

Feb 14, 2010
  10. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

:applaud: I COMPLETELY agree

11. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    Sorry about that it sounds like this person is a real pain in the butt :p Does this person happen to post on Craigslist a lot? I remember looking at one greater bay area ND website that seemed like it had waaaay too many buck kids on offer....

as for the whole bucks-out-of-FF debate I think it's really about making intelligent decisions there. like some breeders have a general rule (as at Castle Rock) but then occasionally break it when they see an amazing FF udder and know the line/genetics well enough that they think it will hold up over time. Guy Noir's dam is now a finished champ... so that was clearly not a bad decision! but in the case of your non-friend it sounds like she just does whatever will get her the most $$.... which is no good for her reputation in the long run.