The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two girls only have a small shed for shelter- normally it works fine but since Dottie is due anytime, I was worried that the more dominant Tim would push her outside- I don't want her to have her kids in the rain. So I decided to build another shed and paddock. I was going to make it out of mostly material I have here. Using some old fence posts to make a "pole" barn.

I started in plenty of time but in trying to set the extra tall 8 inch plus posts, I dinged my back pretty bad- for a week I became very well aquainted with my feet because that was pretty much as far up as I could look.

In the last couple of days ( with the help of medication) I started work again- but I could only work on it every other day needing a rest day.

Yesterday the weather people start going on and on about gale force winds and gully washer rain- probably not snow. I couldn't let my girl down so I started work on it right after chores, worked through breakfast and lunch- pooped out at 2:30 pm, ate quickly again thenback out - put the last screw in the siding at 4:30 when it started to rain. Timber ran over and pooped it it immediately before going back to their old shed for dinner.

It's really not finished as I need to put a front on it with a door that I can close up for safety but it's got three stout sides and a roof. If Dot starts to kids, Timber can go there.

Although I have the glow of accomplishment to keep me warm, I think I will go soak in a hot tub.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wonderful job!!! Here are great big hugs from Dottie and Timber to YOU!!!
:hug: (From Dottie) :hug: (From Timber)
:love: (From Both!!!) :love:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts