Im the happiest bug in the world =]

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lesserweevil, Nov 23, 2008.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Ok SO nothing's really happened, but I'm still the happiest bug in the world :cool:

The woman who owns the buck says she'll look after Demi for 3 weeks for me for a euro a day!! WOO so she'll stay WITH the buck for 3 weeks, and rock on that - hopefully she'll come in season for him :clap:

oh yeah, here's a couple of crappy pics of him cause they were taken with Dad's mobile phone... and I wasnt there :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a pic of Harmony coming back from him in the trailer I built:

[​IMG]

2. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I know the buck looks kinda crap in that second pic - I'll see can I get a better pic when I go tomorrow :greengrin:

(or maybe he IS as crap as he looks in that photo haha)

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    he looks purty!!

4. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
  5. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I think his back leg must be at a really weird angle in that second pic. It looks almost dislocated!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Handsome buck.... he does look like ...he has some broken down pastern's ....
    how is Harmony's pasterns...? If they are strong .........she should be alright with her offspring....
    That is a very nice trailer....the only concern I have is....she may jump out during travel...is there a screen or something you could put up... the next time she travels..... :worried:
    I am really happy .......you get to keep her there with the buck for 3 weeks.... :) :thumbup: :hug:

7. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    VERY pretty Buck!!!! I hope she takes :pray:

8. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I'm planning on blocking up that gap somehow. I only just noticed a few days ago - AFTER taking her - that the screws that hold the tarpaulin on actually stick out underneath - so if she tries to jump out she risks gouging herself EEEEK!!!

So... I'll be working on it before letting Demi go tomorrow! And it's Demi the Snubian who's going to spend the 3 weeks not Harmony :wink:

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh it is demi going to the buck.....I see that now...reread .sorry ...:doh: ...I was thinking... Harmony ...got her on the brain...LOL :)
    glad you are going to fix the trailer.... :thumbup: :)

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    The buck's other pastern doesnt look so bad, so I'm thinking benefit of the doubt here, he's probably just standing funny on the uneven bedding.

I'm crossing my fingers for you that Demi cycles and takes :thumb:

Where abouts are you located, weevil?

Btw I see what you mean about the screws on the tarp - that could be nasty!

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I hope Demi takes! He is a good looking boy even with a "crappy" piccie....I like that trailer....if I didn't have such well behaved goats I'd have hubby make me one, mine ride on a blanket covered seat beside me!

12. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    gosh, liz, I seriously cant imagine allowing /any/ of my goats to travel on a blanket beside me. . .

let's see...
    Whisper... would chew on me...
    Isa... would scream incessantly...
    Harmony... would pee instantly...
    Demi... would decide SHE wanted to drive and plonk her 3 ton weight on my head...

the trailer rocks though :greengrin:

Keren - I'm in Ireland, so sadly there are no goatspot people near me. The only other goatspot member (that I know of) in Ireland is dolansullivan and she's about 2 hours from me. I'm going to a woman who is about 1 hour away from me.

13. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Purdy buck :) I love your trailer!

14. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Now I understand you paying her in Euros - lol. Never picked up that you were o/s until now. Alas, I do not have many GS people near me either - Piccolo would be the only one.

Lots of my goats go on the backseat of my hatchback. They behave, but the car stinks lol

15. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Yeah keren where do you live again? I think it was some 5 hours away or something :S

16. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Yerong Creek but no one knows where that is so I tend to just tell people I am from Wagga Wagga, NSW. And I cant remember where you are ... trust me uni rots your brain. Somewhere metro?

17. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    so we took Demi yesterday to have her honeymoon - and believe it or not she was in season when she got there! So she had a fun night with her bf... well she had fun while I was there, and I'm going to see how she is at the weekend.

Whee :cool:

Oh yeah and the buck is way prettier than he is in the photos!

18. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    woo AND I got a phone call from someone interested in buying wee Isa!!! So he said he'd probably come on Sunday - he's going to ring me Saturday or Sunday to confirm... woo :cool:

I dont think he has any other goats yet but he said he has ponies and is interested in getting two goats as pets - he was hoping to get two from me but I only have one - but as I told him, there are others up for sale too in the magazine that mine was in.

Woo :cool:

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I had a bottle baby that I took in from a friend (actually 3 of them) when she was going to have oral surgery. I ended up keeping them and selling them for her and so I had to take this boy to be wethered - as I had never done it -

[​IMG]

But then I also had a bottle baby of my own this summer (ok 2 of them) that I would take to "goatie grandmas" everyday when i was working. They would follow me out to the Jeep, let me pick them up and set them in the seat, and then we would drive the almost 10 minutes down the hill to "grammy's" house for the day and then same thing when I would get off of work to bring them home.

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Awww.........cute little guy.... :)