The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ha. I had a friend over and they were outside of line of sight of where I was. I was in the house and I heard my goats yelling for something as they do all they time. So, I started yelling back at them as I usually do, asking them what they want now, etc. but this time was different. One of the things I like about my goats is the way they look at me, ...the look in their eye and just the way they move and move their head around so quickly. Anyways, this time when I yelled back at them, I got an awfully strange look, and I thought whatever I said must have struck a chord with them because they quit yelling and stood there like a deer in the headlights for quite some time.

Later, my friend asked me how I do that with my voice. I didn't know what they were talking about so I asked. "Make your voice quiver rapidly like your goats when you talk" was their reply. I was still confused. Sometimes I do that but only when I am baa'ing back at them.

Even later during the day I realized what had happened. When I was in the house yelling back at the goats I was standing at a window with a fan in it. My friend hadn't seen that part, they only heard me.

I bust out laughing when I realized what had happened, then went back to the window fan to have some more fun. Ha. Like to mess with your ornry goats? Try it yourself and see if you don't get quizzical looks from them.

Maybe, maybe not. They're weird. I can run loud machinery right next to their pen and they don't bat an eye but let them hear the sound of a car going down the street and they run away like nobodies business. (actually happy about that)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
:laugh:

I'll have to try that..

·
14,615 Posts
Now that's funny!
When I want space at feeding time I grunt like they do & lower my head. But some of them dont pay me any mind.:rolleyes:

·
8,365 Posts
To get my kids in after they are out in the woods playing, I snort like a deer and stomp my foot on a piece of plywood- They all run back lickety split! (most of the time!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts