In a Rut or Something!!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Tog Lovers, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    Sorry that this is so long and sounds like a pity party but I just needed to get this out.

I have not been on here very much in the past several months except to ask for help. For that I appologize.

Things just have not been going well here. Some of you may remeber that my younger son was supposed to be going into the National Guard. Well...these people he was hanging out with got him convinced that he would go to Iraq and die so he chickened out. Then he moved in with these people and....his life is going down the tubes. They seem to have gotten him into drugs and drinking heavily. He's also been in trouble with the law a few times now. 2 weeks ago he pushed his way into the house and got into it with me because I wouldn't take him where he wanted to go. The only reason he would want to go to this place was to get drugs. It was like he was a different person. The son I know would never lay a hand on me.

Well when it was all over I ended up going to the ER. Luckly nothing was broken but my shoulder is still not right. I was pretty bruised up on my one side. so at the hospital they called the police and now they are charging him with assult and he is in jail. In the mean time I had to get a PFA against him. I cried thru the entire hearing. I don't want my son to think I don't want him. But I have to protect myself too. When he is on something it is like he is an animal. I was really scared.

On top of all of this I got a different pos. at work and my hrs our really screwy. We are milking 2 times a day and feeding the little ones. My Aunt (who has been battling brain cancer) has passed away. As a result my Grandmother ended up in the hospital. My Mom isn't taking it very well. I'm not getting much sleep at all. I am still laying there awake at 1 or 2am and we get up at 4am to start all over again.

I feel like my life is imploding!!

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I'm so sorry :hug: . You are doing the right thing and he will relize that when he gets his life straightened out...its ok...you needed to vent and thats why we are here... :hug:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh I am so sorry to hear about your son! Tough love its call as well as self preservation. :( :hug:

Very sorry to hear about your Aunt, loosing a relative to cancer is so hard because it effects so many people. here is a big hug :grouphug:

if you need to talk we are here.

And we are here just if you have questions too, many times thats all life lets us do

4. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    What terrible things to have to deal with...I hope your son will sober up in jail and realize that he is on a path of destruction. Once he understands he's got a problem, you'll be able to get him help...but he has to make the decision. I have been in a similar situation with a family member and remember what a terrible and helpless feeling it was... :hug:

I am very sorry you lost your aunt, as well, on top of everything else. :( Please, try not to loose hope. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts... :hug:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh sweetheart, I am so sorry for what you are going through. :grouphug: You know that we are all here for you and if / when you want to talk know that I am here if you need a shoulder.

Unfortunately, until he decides that he has an issue with the drugs, there is not much that can be done, but I really hope that he realizes it soon, hopefully while in jail.

Again, I am so sorry for everything you are going though

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am so sorry you have had a rough going of it lately :hug: It is easy enough to say that it will get better, but most times it doesn't hapen quick enough, hang in there and do what you can :hug:

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sincerely sorry about all the wrongs ... going on in your life... :( ..It isn't your fault about your son....no matter how we raise them .....it is the influences of others ..that drag them towards sin.....For you pressing charges against him.. for assaulting you...good for you.. :hug: ..you are a very strong person and you need to be commended for that......most are afraid ...and intimidated against the abuser... it is really tough.. when it is your own son...that had to be very hard for you to do... :( ..You stay strong ...pray for your family .... your son...put it into Gods hands now.... :pray: :pray:

I will pray for your family to.... :pray: :pray: :hug: :hug:
    take care sweety.... :pray:

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH man, I am so glad you came here to vent because that is what we are here for. :hug: Remember these are NOT his friends and he chose to do these things, no one forced him to do them and he will have to own up to it someday.

I am so sorry that you were hurt and I hope you do know as i ma sure you do, that was not your son that did this to you, it was the drugs he is on. I just pray :pray: that he will see the light and get some help. I am sure right now he is not at all happy with you but you did the RIGHT thing. As a parent that has to be one of the hardest things to do is turn your kids in like that but that is the best thing for them and they will recognize that someday.
    I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time with so many things. Just remember the best place to go for help is asking the lord. He is there for you and will help you and the family through these hard times.

Please know we are here for you and I sure will be praying for you and the family. :grouphug:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. Tog Lovers

Tog Lovers New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Greensburg, PA
    Thank you all for your support. I have been feeling so embarassed and confused over the whole ordeal. It has been very overwhelming. I just have the assult hearing to get thru and then it will be over. I am a little confused over it though because I have not been subpenaed (sp?) for the hearing yet. When I inquired about it at the magistrates they said the DA's office will handle it. :shrug: Personally I think my son has gotten the message as far as how I feel about it.

Once again THANK YOU!!!! It feels so good to get this out. There aren't too many people I can talk to about this as we don't want anything this son does to affect our other 3 children.

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah I totaly know what you mean - glad you can air it out though here :hug:

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :hug: that's alot to go through.

you must be a very strong person. :grouphug: and that's what we are here for; taking care of each other!