The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kevin Mocks doeling from Friday Night Fiesta in San Angelo. Here is a little wether maker doe for you Tim.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I guess their face isn't important is why they hold them like that but I wish they wouldn't. I wanna see her face. Plus I know they aren't actually hurting her but in the pic it looks like they are pulling her head off.

·
stonebrokefarm
158 Posts
How do you recoup your costs for something like that? Are goat breeders doing embryo transfers? Or is it the male offspring that bring back the return on money?

I know a Nigerian sold for $8,000.00 at Nationals and thought that was crazy....lol.

karen

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Maybe advertising for the rest of your farm? Being known as the farm with the $33,000 doe? I don't know I wonder about things like that too.

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How do you recoup your costs for something like that? Are goat breeders doing embryo transfers? Or is it the male offspring that bring back the return on money?

I know a Nigerian sold for $8,000.00 at Nationals and thought that was crazy....lol.

karen
Flush and ET to recips. The Texas wether game has animals that often sell for over $10k. She could, in theory, cover her cost and make money first flush.

·
Goats of da UP
1,142 Posts
Am I missing something, or does that expensive lil doe not have any brisket?
The judge at the meat goat judging explained to the crowd and 4Hers that the brisket matters less than the loins. Much more expensive cuts of meat come from the loin area, so a goat with a great loin and weaker brisket gets more points than one with a strong brisket and weaker loins.

·
Registered
145 Posts
For $33k I would of thought they would of oh I dont know, put a little effort into the taking of the photo...
At least they're all smiling! It always cracks me up when you see the photos of people who have just won, say, Nationals, and they've all got very stern, rather annoyed looking "our goat just won something. we're thrilled." expressions.

That is a very nice doeling though!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Pretty girl! Although, I think you should get a little more bang for your buck out of these million dollar goats. This fine girl in particular is very nice, but awfully disproportional and needs some topline work. That 40k buck kid was stunning. Rare and unusual looking, but stunning.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Am I missing something, or does that expensive lil doe not have any brisket?
My 10 year old $150 Nigerian Dwarf doe has more brisket than this doe does in that picture..

1 - 20 of 62 Posts