The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
I find another good sign of a doe about to go into labor (or already in prelabor) is that she wants to EAT everything in sight. I figure this to be because she will be so preoccupied with her new kid/s that the day of/after kidding they dont eat as much (totally focused on her kids and being attentive to them plus usually a bit sore), but if they stored up food the day before their body has the nourishment it needs to keep going.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
ARRRGGH! I beginning to believe that Star is not pregnant. She just has a giant gas bubble and will burp anytime now.
I told my husband that and he said, Yeah, if that happens she will take out half the lawn.
CNN will show up to report on the giant methane explosion.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
^^ :ROFL: HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!

sounds like Star is sticking to the doe's code to a T! if you step out of the house today, you'll likely come back to dry kiddies on the ground.

·
Registered
31,504 Posts
oh those watch pots!!!!:mad: lol:D

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I had read before to withhold grain the day before kidding, to better facilitate the birth by not having a full stomach, and also so that the doe doesn't come into milk so fast, and then have too much for the kids.I always thought this made sense, but now I keep seeing people saying to feed a lot right before kidding?? :shrug:

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
I thought that too of my Mocha :)
I was beginning to think she was just fat , lolol
Hang in there Overthehill :)

·
Registered
31,504 Posts
any action!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Nothing! Not even a burp. She is eating like a pig. There's hardly any discharge. I don't understand how she can have a mucus discharge, act like she will deliver any time and then regress. :confused:
I have a lot of errands to run. Birthdays have come and gone and I didn't buy gifts because I was afraid to leave. So-- I will plan to go shopping tomorrow and perhaps she will have them when I'm gone.

·
Registered
31,504 Posts
lol...

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Most likely will have them when your shopping , lolol
Dont feel bad though , she may just want to show you she can do this all by herself :) Maybe she wants to surprise you :D:D:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had two kid last Thursday neither had a discharge one was a first timer and they kidded 10 mins apart I knew one was close the other was a total shock her bag never got big or anything until after. Just like they say a watched pot never boils....I have 2 more left to kid both first timers and one should be sometime in the next couple of weeks.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts