·
Registered
31,433 Posts
Any news??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Sorry I haven't got back to all of you. I kept waiting and was sure that I would have news. Believe it or not- nothing yet.
She was showing signs - a lot of mucus. She is still coughing but looks great and has a healthy appetite. She is getting cranky though. I don't blame her.

Her Vulva is more swollen and starting to open. That happened 3 days ago. I just wished I knew when she was bred.

Remember I bought her from a woman who kept her in the kidding pen next to a buck. I'm pretty sure she was bred there and not at my son's house. She was housed with my son's herd temporarily until we built the goat shed. We didn't get her until the 20th of March and I think she will kid before then.

This will never happen again. Not knowing when a goat was bred, stinks.

So- it's a waiting game.

Actually, you know what? I think she had them already and they jumped back in. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31,433 Posts
lol....well Its good to know she is doing well...not knowing does stink!!

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Glad to hear she and you are OK :)
The waiting is horrible , and not knowing is worse !
Sending you more strength to keep holding on , lol.
Poor momma , yes , she has every right to be cranky !

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thank you. It's in her best interest to have them soon. I really think this pregnancy is making her cough worse. She's not coughing all the time. It's sporadic.
If she is still coughing after she has them, the Vet will come out and give her strong antibiotics.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Aw, poor girl... and you!! Waiting is the worst. I think she probably realized that they are going to be more work outside than inside!! :laugh:

·
Registered
36 Posts
She is lucky to have us watching and worrying about them. Imagine if she were in the wild and doing this alone. Sounds like you and the vet are on top of her care. Now its just the waiting... frustrating but will be rewarding!!Hang in there!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any news yet????? I am getting excited!! Its between your girl and my supersized boer. I hope you win since yours has been gorging longer than mine. I am awaiting anxiously. Oh, and not drinking yet....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Still nothing. Star ( pygmy) still has a discharge. Still eating - alot. The thing is my other goat showed the same signs and she kidded shortly afterwards. This has been going on for weeks. She has more than one in there too. This is her second birth. The first time - triplets!

·
Super Moderator
59,737 Posts
Unless you see distress, the kids come when they are ready. That is the biggest problem with not knowing a due date.

·
Registered
31,433 Posts
OH my...she better hurry lol..this waiting is horrible lol...but Karen is right...as long as she is doing well...then No worries...just gotta be patient

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Her udder looks bigger and her vulva is opening. I would say very soon but I was wrong before. She has to have these babies soon. Her cough is worse at night. I know they are pressing on her lungs. I treated her for worms and gave her antibiotics to no avail. If she stops coughing after the kids are born I am going to have to reconsider breeding her again. If she is still coughing I will have the Vet out to check her. :(

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
She BURPED!!! No, she just - had a large healthy doe. I heard her baby talking on the monitor. I said to my husband, Rob, she is baby talking. That means she will have it anytime. I went out to check and found a dry kid who was nursing. SHOCKED is putting it mildly. So I thought she would have more. I don't know if they give birth after the kid is dried off and nursing. I have the monitor on. I am going to check on her again. She's making strange noises again. - off I go!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Thank you. There was bloody mucus hanging down. The straw was really wet. I think she could have ate it. I'm keeping an eye on them. I gave her water and molasses, and dipped the kid's cord in iodine. I also cleaned out the straw and added fresh straw. She is drinking and chowing down on some fresh hay. She is not pushing. I came in for a minute and I am going back out. She is periodically moaning. I am going to see if she is passing the afterbirth.

·
Administrator
84,552 Posts
Make sure the kid gets first colostrum.

Good you dipped the cord, good work

If you suspect she isn't finished kidding, if at all possible, wash up, put on a rubber glove and go in an check. Or do you know how to bump her to check?

If you aren't seeing the afterbirth but blood, you may be right, she could of eaten it but, there is a chance too, she didn't. While she is still open is the time to check her. If you are not sure, have a vet or someone that knows goats check her.

When did she kid out?

41 - 60 of 74 Posts