The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the two last does of the 2008 season!

RhR Goat Head, boer - kiko -alpine mix. its her third kidding and shes only had does! but i think these will be for sale, the kids will be 75%. anyways, shes pretty hugs, lots of tail wagging. ligament are loosening but not quite gone

RHR Zephyr - 75% boer. FF. her ligaments are very loose but no udder!

pictures coming soon.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Oh, when our does did have clumpy poo, it went away one or two days after kidding, whether we de-wormed them or not. If she's already been de-wormed then I would keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get any worse.

Enjoy your new babies! All doe kids is awesome! We have a 2nd freshening Pygmy doe that has only had twin does, wonder if she'll keep that up this next time around??? :)

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
With their tails being cocked, it's hard to say..I've not payed much attention to my girls tails, just their udders and ligs...have you felt for kid movement? If you can get them to stand hold your palm in front of their udder and gently push on their right side( you facing their rear)...you should feel something even with them close to kidding.
It's odd to me to see "tall" preggy does, my mini girls have preggy bellies that are mere inches from the ground! :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
as their ligaments loosen their tails also become "loose" and they dont have as much control over them. Rather funny I must admit.

Be interesting to see what they have. I can't tell how large they are from those pictures.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
AlaskaBoers said:
thanks liz, i also noticed theyre tails are twisting, like their twisting them sideways and over their backs, any idea what this could mean?
we were both referring to this post. Cocked just is another term for what you called "twisted"

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
If she's ready to go into labor you'll notice a "stream" of mucous and she should udder up, though some does will have discharge and lose their ligaments days before they get down to business and may not udder up til after they deliver....of course we want updates on their progress and you will definately know when you'll see kids coming :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts