In the kidding pens....

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by AlaskaBoers, Jul 11, 2008.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    the two last does of the 2008 season!

RhR Goat Head, boer - kiko -alpine mix. its her third kidding and shes only had does! but i think these will be for sale, the kids will be 75%. anyways, shes pretty hugs, lots of tail wagging. ligament are loosening but not quite gone

RHR Zephyr - 75% boer. FF. her ligaments are very loose but no udder!

pictures coming soon.

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    is diarrhea okay in preg. does? i put both does in their stalls and the next day they both have large clumped feces. this normal? i kep all of the feed the same.

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I have noticed that a couple times with some of our does. We always de-worm them two days after kidding and then 21 days later. Kidding is tough on them and leaves them open to parasites, so we do that just in case.

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, when our does did have clumpy poo, it went away one or two days after kidding, whether we de-wormed them or not. If she's already been de-wormed then I would keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get any worse.

Enjoy your new babies! All doe kids is awesome! We have a 2nd freshening Pygmy doe that has only had twin does, wonder if she'll keep that up this next time around??? :)

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    thanks, no theyre not wormed yet, i worm them after they have ther babies.

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Stress can bring on clumpy poops...as well as the days before delivery...them being moved could have contributed to it. :wink:

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    thanks liz, i also noticed theyre tails are twisting, like their twisting them sideways and over their backs, any idea what this could mean?

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    heres photos from today, zephyr (all white w/ collar) has no ligaments now. goat head, brown, has ligaments but they are softer than yesterday.

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    With their tails being cocked, it's hard to say..I've not payed much attention to my girls tails, just their udders and ligs...have you felt for kid movement? If you can get them to stand hold your palm in front of their udder and gently push on their right side( you facing their rear)...you should feel something even with them close to kidding.
    It's odd to me to see "tall" preggy does, my mini girls have preggy bellies that are mere inches from the ground! :ROFL:

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    as their ligaments loosen their tails also become "loose" and they dont have as much control over them. Rather funny I must admit.

Be interesting to see what they have. I can't tell how large they are from those pictures.

11. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah, i'm going by ligs. what do you mean by having their tails 'cocked' ? i've never head of that before. thanks again

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    When they have their tails erect , they sort of "flop" to the side...as Stacey said when the ligs loosen up they loose control of their tails. Cocked is just my way of saying "off to the side".

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    we were both referring to this post. Cocked just is another term for what you called "twisted"

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh thanks! yeah, zephyr isnt very large, while goat head, i'm guessing twins, or a very large single.

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    so any changes? when are their due dates?

16. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    as to due dates, sometime feb. i had it written down and i lost he paper, and i had it in my computor and it crashed. they look the same today. same ligs too.

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ah so basically any time now

18. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    heres a morning butt pic of zephyr, her ligs are completely gone.

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    If she's ready to go into labor you'll notice a "stream" of mucous and she should udder up, though some does will have discharge and lose their ligaments days before they get down to business and may not udder up til after they deliver....of course we want updates on their progress and you will definately know when you'll see kids coming :)

20. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    well not much is happening, goat heads back is arched a little, and zephyrs ligs are gone, goat heads udder is full.