Incase anyone was wondering why...*pics added*

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by FunnyRiverFarm, Feb 27, 2011.

1. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    We had a bad ice storm last weekend and just got our power and water back today. It was really getting old hauling water from the river for the critters and to flush toilets so YAY! I am back!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: Incase anyone was wondering why I have not been posting.

Oh my! Glad to see you back and I hope that your property suffered no extreme damage.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

That is scary.... :shocked: glad the Lord protected all of you..... everything is OK...and you have power...that must of been so difficult without it........ Glad you are back..... :hi5: :hug:

4. iddybit acres

iddybit acres New Member

Feb 17, 2011
    Newberry, MI

Glad your alright :wave:

5. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Glad you are ok and finally back! :)

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Glad to see you back! I hate this nasty cold weather. My faucet at our goat pen is frozen so I have to truck water out there this week unless it melts soon. Uhhggg....I wish summer was here!

7. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

Oh, it did, unfortunately....my pasture fencing that I put up last summer is ruined...a bunch of trees and branches fell on it...so it's going to be exciting cleaning up that mess. I am so sad about that:( All of the animals are fine though.

8. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

I'm glad to hear you got your electric/water back on! Sorry about the fence, but at least it's something you can replace. Ice storms are just so awful :( We had a really bad one here a couple of years ago and some of the people who live on the horse farms around us went without electric for 16 days! Just horrible.

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Sorry about your fence.... :( :hug:

10. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana

As a matter of fact, I have been wondering about you......figured you were busy with all your critters and jobs! Glad to see you back and sorry about the damage the storm did.......we have had a awful winter, so sick of it! I have decided that if and when I add another boy, I so want a Benny Goat :) Been looking at Alpines, dreaming!

11. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK

Thats funny...I dont personaly know any folks but one here but I totally noticed you hadn't been on in a while. :)

12. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN

Glad your back I had noticed that you hadn't posted in awhile...KW we have that happen with our "supposed" frost free Hydrant every once in awhile we have found Nipco heaters on them in calm weather or protected from the wind thaws them out in a matter of a couple minutes...Just a thought since you can sit them back away from anything flamible and they still put off enough heat to melt Ice, actually had to do it to my car last winter after I got if stuck in the yard and we couldn't get it out for like a week it melted the snow and ice completely off the car in a matter of an hour.

13. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

Thanks, everybody :) I haven't been on a lot lately anyway because of nursing school...but I try to post occassionally when I think I can help out. It's going to be alot of work cleaning everything up but you are all right--everything that was damaged can be replaced...I am fortunate for that. I have a few pictures of the ice to upload when I get a chance...so destructive but very beautiful with the sun glistening on it!

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

We love to see pics.... :cool: :clap:

15. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Pics added! In the 5th pic you can see our power lines hanging down in front of the barn...they were down all week and it was a real pain walking in a huge arc to avoid them every time I needed something in the barn!

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Wow...that is beautiful... :thumb:
    but I wish ..you didn't have to go through... what you did.... :hug: