The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my doe just delivered twins yesterday. Wormed her with ivomec today and have been giving 5ml of Nutridrench once a day. She's eating like a horse (mixture of Noble Goat and sweet feed) and has 4th cutting alfalfa (show horse grade, this stuff is like the filet mignion of hay folks!) plus clean water. She's up and walking around with minimal bleeding. BUT, she doesn't seem to have enough milk. Her babies are always hungry, especially the smaller one. I've been milking her out and bottling him so he gets enough colostrum but I'm lucky if I can get four squirts! Anyone know how to increase her production without involving the vet? She did have a rough delivery and is acting pretty sore :-(

·
2,203 Posts
Takes a little recovery time firstly. She'll come into her milk. Give her time. The babies are going to constantly act like they're starved for a few days until they get into a routine. You'd be surprised on how little they actually drink per feeding. So long as they are healthy and happy I wouldn't be too concerned. Just watch momma close and make sure she's doing her job.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. She only had one baby last time and he never seemed hungry, later on she was giving about 2 pints per day. Should I continue with the Nutridrench every day too?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She has a block as well as the MannaPro loose goat mineral. One of her kids was checking it out today too! I have ProBios on hand too, and a CPMK ( or whatever) drench.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts