Indiana County fair...LOTS of Boers!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Aug 29, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a BIG difference in this one compared to the one I went to last week!! I don't think I have ever seen so many Boers in one area! Handsome goats too...quite a few ribbons hanging on the stall fronts...the only dairy goats that I saw were 2 Nigi girls and 1 doe kid...long and very pretty reddish colored but still heavy in the legs, there were 6 pygmies...and wow they were really small too, at 2 years old these girls were maybe 15 inches! The breeders/showers were really nice too...and guess what? I got my hubby to go along and we saw our first tractor pull TOGETHER!! I really had a great time! Now I guess I know which fair I'll be looking forward to next year!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats great that you had a good experience :greengrin:

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    What a nice experience! Do you plan on showing your goats?

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is so neat.........I'm glad to hear that.............. :)

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It was really nice, but unfortunately with my work schedule being erratic and working weekends and what not, I don't want or need to have any more "stresses"...besides that with all that needs to be done as far as vets and other paper work, I don't have the $$ to do any extra other than love and care for my kids.

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That's nice. I don't really want to show but think it would be good to get my herd out there, I guess. You do take great care of your goats! :)