The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a Nigerian dwarf girl whose bottom always seems swollen. I looked closely at it yeasterday and it looks like it may be infected. There is what looks like a mucous substance and the area around her anus is swollen. Any ideas?
Sky Felidae Dog breed Jaw Carnivore

·
Registered
560 Posts
Oh, poor baby. I have had a similar problem with my does, but I don’t know what causes it. Is she pregnant? Are you deworming her regularly?
It could be a yeast infection, but I don’t know. Is the area in which she stays in musty?
I would have a vet take a look. That looks super painful, and if it has been happening for some time, then it is probably something that should be checked.

·
Super Moderator
32,171 Posts
How old is she? I would very gently clean her up with warm water and gentle soap..get a better look. It's hard to see what exactly is going on. It maybe staph infection...please repost a pic for us after you wash her. She may not like it much. But you need to see what's going on

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, poor baby. I have had a similar problem with my does, but I don’t know what causes it. Is she pregnant? Are you deworming her regularly?
It could be a yeast infection, but I don’t know. Is the area in which she stays in musty?
I would have a vet take a look. That looks super painful, and if it has been happening for some time, then it is probably something that should be checked.
Not pregnant. It has been a while I have dewormed her. I’ll give that a shot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How old is she? I would very gently clean her up with warm water and gentle soap..get a better look. It's hard to see what exactly is going on. It maybe staph infection...please repost a pic for us after you wash her. She may not like it much. But you need to see what's going on
She is about six years old. Never pregnant. She has often looked a little swollen in that area, but never this swollen. I will clean her up and see how it looks after.

·
Super Moderator
32,171 Posts
@kt allen We're you able to get her cleaned up and fresh pix?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.