The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
58,887 Posts
Have you tried combing it? Is that coming from skin or the hair? If the mane, it may be winter coat that needs to be combed out.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
I would use a really gentle horse shampoo to try to get it all out. Just scrub it really well and be sure to put your finger nails into it. My older horse gets that sort of thing and it needs to just be brushed out and then bathed off. If it persist though maybe ask your vet.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Little yellow crumbs? Are you sure he's not got lice? I have only ever seen before on rescue horses that come in with lice. If its not lice, I would get your vet to do a skin scraping because that looks like its more than just dry skin to me.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I would use a really gentle horse shampoo to try to get it all out. Just scrub it really well and be sure to put your finger nails into it. My older horse gets that sort of thing and it needs to just be brushed out and then bathed off. If it persist though maybe ask your vet.
i agree, it looks like cradle cap in humans. brush/comb it thoroughly then wash with baby shampoo and rinse well and brush again. it usually takes a few days of this to clear it up.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I woul shampoo condition with man n tail. Rinse really really good. Then put MTG on it. If that doesnt help take him to the vet. You may also call the vet for suggestions, thats usually free...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts