The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wormed all of my goats with safeguard about 10 days ago. I wormed them 3 days in a row. If they weighed 10 lbs i dosed them for 20 lbs to be sure i didnt under dose.But I am still seeing either worm eggs or segments in their poop. Is this normal ? Or do I need to worm again with something different?

·
Registered
30,547 Posts
sounds like you still have tape
safe guard has to be used at three times the dose I believe....You can try Valbazen..its 1 cc per 10# three days in a row..

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Safeguard liquid should be dosed at 1cc per 10 lbs and the paste should be triple the dosage.
I dosed them all 1 cc per 10 lbs plus an extra 1cc for 3 straight days with the safeguard liquid but I'm still seeing worm segments. Could it be that the worms are dead and are being passes?

·
Super Moderator
58,830 Posts
I would go ahead and do another 3 days of Safeguard. If 2 rounds of Safeguard doesn't do the trick, then you will need to try something else.

·
Registered
30,547 Posts
Correct valbazen can not be used on pregnant does ... I agree go another round of safeguard

·
Registered
30,547 Posts
best wishes...seems like tape have been an issue this year...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also I was planning to treat all the kids with toltrazuril this weekend. Can I dose them with the safeguard and the tolt. At the same time or do I need to wait til after I worm them again?

·
I'm watching you
22,256 Posts
You can do both at the same time. I have always given Safeguard with my cocci meds. They help each other out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts