The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need someone to point me in the right direction for making my own goat feed. It will be for my lamancha doe that is due to kid soon, and will be in milk. Also for a growing Nigerian dwarf doeling. I may add to my herd but unsure of what breed. I don't know if it matters but lets just say I will be feeding a mixed herd of meat and dairy. I will supplement with loose minerals. Also, what veggies and fruits can you feed goats?

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Check out Homemade Grains in the Beginners in goat raising sections. Goathiker gave some really good suggestions. I believe it would be good for any type of goat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feed mine 16-20% protein in sweet feed, dairy pellets , a little calf mana...be sure not to mix too much or it could affect the milk'a taste, alfalfa , goat developer, and beef pulp. Hope this helped!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Mine is 2 parts rolled oats, 2 parts soaked barley, and 1 part Animax. (Calf Manna)

You can use this method to figure out what the protein content of your mix will be. You can add things like BOSS, Alfalfa Pellets, Whole Grains, Split Peas, beet pulp shreds... etc... really anything.

http://landofhavilahfarm.com/figure-the-protein--of-your-mix-.htm

Something in the 15-16% protein range will be good for milkers and growing kids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts