Interesting/sad story.

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Crissa, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Sorry I keep telling you all these stupid sad stories of mine, but it really seems to help me to type it all out.

Well, last night my dad and I had a fight and he basically kicked me out so I go to where I keep my animals and after I poured the feed into the feeder I just sat down pulled my knees up to my chest and cried my eyes out, well Heidi comes up and shoves my arms away from my face and stands over my lap and basically made me cry on her shoulder then Lyric comes up and stands next to us and then Molly and then Tempest. After they calmed me down I went back home and just walked into my room and stayed there. My god I love my animals though. I can't believe that they just comforted me like that. My dad still has not apologized for what he did and if it ever happens again I don't know what I'll do. I just hope that it won't happen and remember what my animals did for me last night. :cry: Thanks for "listening".
  2. needs to know more

needs to know more New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    animals know when we need help!! We take care of them, and they take care of us the best they can!!! A shoulder to cry on, or a ear to listen!!! They are there for us as we are for them!!!! Hope thing work out.

3. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I'm sorry Crissa...all I can say is that it's tough being a teen and it's also tough being a parent. Whatever the fight was about, you know your Dad loves you no matter what, and sometimes parents do make mistakes and have a hard time apologizing. Give it some time & I'm sure it'll work out.

I'm glad your babies were there to help you through the worst of animals still give me comfort when things aren't going right....I don't know what I'd do without them.

There are lots of us here that are always glad to listen when someone needs to vent....if typing about it helps then by all means keep typing. Hope you feel better soon.
  4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I have dampened a few furry shoulders in my time too. My animals are a big comfort to me - when I was having the most miserable time in my life, I would get on my horse and just head out. Within a few minutes I could feel the tension just drain out.
    I don't know your situation or really you or your father- I can tell you that after my father's death, I found a few notes he had written saying how proud he was of his daughters. Nothing like that ever came from him when he was living. Sometimes fathers can't say what they mean- they get angry instead. I was actually shocked to read these notes. But I suppose I really shouldn't have been because when I really needed help, it came from my father. Just not the words or hugs. So I thought he really didn't care- he did but never found a way to say it to us.
  5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    oh yes been there done that - and still do. Animals realy can tel when you need them.

I so wish my mom and dad would appologize more - my dad does ok with it, my mom rarely does (but then again she tends to be right, but when she is not...) I guess parents think it is a sign of weakness to admit they are wrong or don't think it really matters???? parents help me out here - this is something I strouggle with myself since I still live at home (well from what I hear it doesn't matter if you live at home or not parent-child relationships always have their rocky moments).

Goodness I turned that aroudn on me.

So sorry you are dealing with this Crissa, life seems to be hitting you hard, but I am glad you are telling someone about it - it really does help. At your age is when I started a journal and I can't tel you how theraputic iwas to write things down, even the "stupid" things.
  6. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I think you're exactly a parent of 2 teens I can definitely say it can be very hard to admit you are wrong even if you know it. Parents aren't supposed to steer their children wrong, but sometimes we do make mistakes. I really try to make an effort to recognize when I'm being unreasonable and apologize to my kids when it happens, but sometimes it takes me a while to realize I'm the one in the wrong.
  7. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    i never realized just what a comfort the goats were to me until i lost my beloved husband 3 years ago. if it haden't been for them i don't know what i would have done. they just know when we need that extra love.
    it is hard to be a teen & i am sure that your dad loves you very much. just give it some time. it is also hard to be a parent. i hope every thing is smoothed over for you. it is good that you got it out & talked to some one. keeping it in will only hurt more.
  8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks. Well, I think he's trying to apologize in his own way, he said that sometime I can go visit FarmGirl18 (as long as I drive.) which is something I've been wanting to do again since I bought Heidi. And he said that I could bring Lyric and Heidi up to the house to visit too. But with all the dogs I've seen running about lately I'm really not comfortable with that, but it was a good try. My goats have been a comfort to me through everything, but they have never done that before so that's what kinda surprised me. Thanks again, it's just not a good time for me lately. :cry: I'm supposed to go and stay with my grandma for a couple of days, so maybe we can give each other a break.
  9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Animals are such a comfort, they are that furry shoulder to cry on, they always make you smile when you don't feel like it. :D
  10. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I'm sorry Crissa, you will be in my prayers. And yes I would love for you to come visit.
  11. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    My parents never apologized either & they have made some really dumb decisions that affected me deeply. But they are human beings, perfectly capable of messing up.
    Just try not to dwell on it too much, give him some grace. You recognize he is trying to tell you he is sorry in his own way, seeing and accepting it is a wonderful gift on your part!
  12. Pam B

Pam B New Member

Oct 15, 2007
    Southern Michigan
    I have found that if I apologize to my kids for losing my temper or making a boneheaded decree it opens the door for a more calm discussion and we work through the problem better. This works best with older kids like teens and young adults a lot better than with littler kids.

When my children were younger I would just tell them that I had given things some thought and changed my mind about something rather than tell them that mommy was a dum-dum-head, which I think would have given them more of a feeling of insecurity and disrespect than they would have been able to handle at that age.
  13. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    I know how you feel about your animals; trust me, mine were huge healers in my high school days!!! My horse's manes were always wet when things weren't going right, and my cats were used to the 'rain'...

I do have a bit of advice too; and I wish I would have done a bit of this myself when I was your age, but perhaps, even if you didn't start the arguement; apologize to your dad for your own attitude...I know as a teen I could be hot headed about things I thought were 'right' or things that I was passionate about, but failed to realize that I still lived under my parents rules, no matter how much I hated them; they were my parents, and I was to obey them, not try to disobey or disrespect them...even if I knew that sometimes they were wrong; eventually you will reach a point in your life where you will be able to move out and have things your way, no more arguing and fighting over it. But for now, if things get heated, step back, and apologize for your attitude, and I bet the argument will end, and your parents will be blown away at your maturity, and even learn a bit about humility themselves... :wink:

I know your dad may have provoked the argument, but also, sometimes keeping what you want to say back (in order to keep the arguement going) can help too-your dad won't have a reason to push the argument if you just keep quiet, or keep calm about the whole deal; wait for an opportunity to ask him if you can talk about this instead of shout and argue, and if there is anyway you can both be 'satisfied' in the end...a warning...both may have to comprimise a bit; it's likely your parents never learned how to 'fight fair' though, so you may have to try, try again...and yes, that's right, I didn't say 'fighting' is bad, but there is a way to fight fair and just shouting back and forth and not coming up with a 'win win' solution for the argument issue at hand is not constructive; figuring out how to please both parties, and not putting each other down is how you fight fair...