Introducing BAILEY!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by liz, Aug 21, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    This is the little gal I decided to add to my mixed herd on Sunday....my hubby named her and well, she has gotten along just fine over the last 2 days..no longer crying and the girls have stopped "attacking" her...she has found a new place in my lap to sleep til Heidi decides she wants me. She is pygmy/nigi cross and is 5 months old...she looks more nigi to me....anyone agree?

[​IMG]

She has a fairly level back...it may look high in the rear but she was sorta standing downhill
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think she is just a sweetheart...and her eyes are so expressive!
    [​IMG]

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    She is really cute! I like her face. Her markings are kinda "pygmy" and her head is a little pygmy-ish but her body looks fairly long and she is kind of refined. She's a cutie, that's for sure! Congrats! Love her name too, that's sweet! :D

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Is she a Pygmy or Pygmy cross? She seems very level and wide yes. I agree. Very Pygmy stockish, I would breed her to a Pygmy buck. Follow along in those strengths. Very pretty doeling!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you can easily tell she is a mix. Her legs are very pygmy and her refined body has a stockyness to it --- does that makes sense :ROFL:

I am glad to hear she is warming up to you.

5. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Very pretty girl. She sure has those big pygmy hooves but a very nice long body. Congrats.

6. Candy

Candy New Member

She's so cute, Liz. A nigi body and pygmy legs and in your colors, too :dance:
    Candy

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thank you all! She came running down the hill with the other girls when I hollered for them when I got off work today...twisting and jumping alongside Heidi...really made me feel good too.

Her sire is a medium agouti pygmy and her dam is a gold/white pygmy/nigi...theres no dark facial or dorsal stripe....and you are right Ashley, I plan to breed her with my pygmy buck next fall, just wonder what colors there will be? Hank's dam is a very light agouti...almost a blue/lilac color so I would guess there would be potential for agouti or even carmel kids.

She does have the wide brow of a pygmy as well as those stout legs, it's her length that made the "sale" so to speak, I hope it is in her favor when she does freshen, the fact that her dams udder was very nice and high...though I don't know about the sires dam...I hope she ends up with a udder like her dams...nice and high as well as capacious. And yep, that contrast of black/white is my favorite :wink:

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    What color is Hank? If Hank is black I'd figure black unless he or Bailey are very very dark agoutis and then you could get agoutis. If Hank is not black then he could bring some color to the breeding.

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hank is solid black with minimal white frosting on his ears and nose...it was more as a kid but as he has gotten older the white has faded, so yep I do have more of a chance for black kids...but he has thrown the grey agouti color with my nigi Binky and I know that pattern is not in her lines.