The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first herd ever, it started off pretty rough but it's all better now. Here they are. Btw my name is Luis, I hope to be a good friend of this forum. Thanks for all of y'all's help.

Plant Vertebrate Tree Sheep Goat

Plant Tree Working animal Grassland Grazing

Dog Dog breed Fawn Grass Plant

This is Lola. Hopefully she'll kid soon. I'm so excited to witness my first kidding.

Plant Tree Natural landscape Wood Working animal

This is Peter. He almost died last week of what I was told was pneumonia. Luckily I found y'all and have me some great tips. He's now healthy and loving his new home.

Mongoose Carnivore Fawn Sheep Terrestrial animal

These are my 4 sheep which are yet to be named because they are wild and skittish.

All 6 if them were bought from a guy that was going to sell them as slaughter. I'm glad I could save them and give them a second chance.

Attachments

·
617 Posts
Hi Luis and welcome to the site. I like your little mixed herd, what do you plan on using them for? We have seven Nubians that we rotation milk.

Be sure to read up on kidding before yours goes into labor just in case something goes wrong. I had to pull one for the first time a couple of days ago. I hope all goes well for you and your herd.

·
Registered
12,823 Posts
They are all beautiful ! Great job with Peter , glad he is doing better :)
Do you have any more pictures of Lola ? Would like to see her baby bump a little better. How far along is she ?

Thanks for rescuing the sheep as well :) Good lucy with them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Luis and welcome to the site. I like your little mixed herd, what do you plan on using them for? We have seven Nubians that we rotation milk.

Be sure to read up on kidding before yours goes into labor just in case something goes wrong. I had to pull one for the first time a couple of days ago. I hope all goes well for you and your herd.
Thanks! I plan on just having them here. For no specific reason, just giving them a home. I've been reading a lot about kidding...just because I've seen on here that a lot of problems can happen while kidding. Thanks once again!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are all beautiful ! Great job with Peter , glad he is doing better :)
Do you have any more pictures of Lola ? Would like to see her baby bump a little better. How far along is she ?

Thanks for rescuing the sheep as well :) Good lucy with them.
I don't know if she's pregnant. She's only 6 months old. But here's another picture of her.

Tree Deer Goat-antelope Horn Fawn

Plant Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts