Introducing my new Boer Herdsire!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by FarmGirl18, Sep 29, 2008.

1. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Well Saturday we went and bought a new Boer buck kid from 10 Buck 2 Boers, I'm really excited about this little guy, he is an April kid, but boy is he powerful already! His pedigree is packed with some super genetics...can you tell I'm excited??? :greengrin: It was really neat though how the Lord provided the money for this guy, the day I bought him, I ended up selling 2 of my other bucks, Pendragon and my Herdsire from last year JRA1 Agnew 2-Strict to a guy in Colorado... I'm going to miss them both, especially Pendragon, he was my favorite kid this year, and so pretty. I know they went to a great home though.

So now...."10 Buck 2 Boers 111" what do you think of him?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    beautiful buck. very nice . . . :shades: :love:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    My gosh Bethany, he is a moose!!! What a stunning boy! Congrats!

4. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    Wow he IS nice! :drool:

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :drool: OH My! :drool: he is stunning!!! oh you are so lucky to have a stud like that!!!!!!!

6. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I think after we move and after I have my Nigerian Dwarf herd established I might start a Boer herd. I love the colors and the heavy, musculine look. . .

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh, i cant stop looking at him, whats his pedigree like? i'm jealous, i mean, look at that face, i hope your planning on showing him off.

also , that clip job, really shows off his body. did you do that?

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    He is a gorgeous specimen of the Boer breed!!! Congratulations and I hope he gives you mirror image kids...he is awesome!

9. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Thank you so much everybody!! I'm super excited about him. I sure hope he gives me mirror image kids too!

Katrina, no I didn't do the clip job, the people I bought him from had him all prettied up. They are big time show folks, and win most everywhere here in OK. Actually his half brother was the Overall Reserve Grand Champion buck at the ABGA Nationals this year. I am planning on showing him, hopefully this Saturday if I get his papers back in time, got them overnighted to ABGA so hoepfully they will be. He's got a lot of EGGS on the bottom side and RRD Remfire Ennobled and such on the top, I'll get some more details when I have his papers on hand. :)

10. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    WOW! :drool: what a hunk!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats

11. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    The only thing wrong with that little guy is that he is not mine-lol. He is really good looking.

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    nice buck....... :thumbup:

13. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
  14. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    he is gorgeous!!!! Love him!!!

15. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    A really handsome man!!

But he needs a better name. . . how about Sam? :wink:

16. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Thank you, yeah I'm going to have to figure out a better "call" name for him...can't change his registered one though.

17. eliya

eliya New Member

WOW! Congratulations Bethany!!! He is just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :leap: :clap: :stars: It is wonderful how the Lord provided him for you, what a great testimony. I've been looking forward to seeing his pictures since your mom posted that you had got him. He didn't disappoint me! He's absolutely stunning! He'll give you some beautiful babies!

18. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    he is beautiful.. too bad you are so far away.. i would take him from you.. haha

he is a moose...

why dont you call him moose??

19. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Thanks so much Eliya! I'm so excited about him!

And thanks SDK, LOL I think "moose" would fit him pretty well! :) My arm is SORE from holding onto him for the pictures yesterday....

20. eliya

eliya New Member

The first thing that popped into my head when thinking of a name for your new guy, was 'Hunk'. O.k. I know that's kind of a strange name, but it fits. My sister thought Scott or Scotty fit him. How about Beau? Or Leviathan? His neck reminds me of that verse in Job that talks about the neck of leviathan. LOL I like the name Moose too.