Introducing my new girls + 2

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by crocee, Apr 9, 2010.

1. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    With my "LaMancha genes" post most of you know I was planning to get 2 little LaMancha X doelings. I did indeed get them and they are just adorable, although they have not been handled. They are 3 months old as of the first of April and a little skittish. These girls are 75% LaMancha and 25% Boer or there abouts. These pictures are not the greatest as I couldn't get real close without spooking them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is of the doelings LaBoer mother. 2 years old. She has a nice udder(see in first pic)and is still nursing them.
    [​IMG]

This is the extra doe I decided to get along with them. This one doesn't have a name and shes 4. Shes a nice LOOOOOONG, DEEEEEEEP Nigerian

[​IMG]

2. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Very nice new addictions :)

3. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I am pretty happy with them and their funny looks. I hadn't planned on getting the mother but they weren't weaned and they needed her. The Nigerians price was just too good. She was bred last year to the LaMancha buck and delivered twins without any complications. First time I had ever heard of using a full size buck on a smaller goat that wasn't a trainwreck. Now I am looking for a Nigerian buck to breed her with.

All the goats are very healthy and well taken care of.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Nice goats you have there.... congrats.... :greengrin: :thumb: :love:

5. countrymom

countrymom New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    versailles, MO
    Very nice goats... Your right your nigerian doe is nice long and deep..
    Congrats and thanks so much for sharing. :stars:

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What pretty girls! The munchie/boer doelings are very colorful! And yes, their mom does have a nice udder. The nigi doe IS very long and deep, and a very pretty color too :love:

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congrats on your additions-new ones are so much fun! :cool: :dance:

8. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Oh! They're lovely! :love:

I have to ask, what's with the trash can in the tree? :whatgoat:

Deb Mc

9. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    i was too busy looking at the goats to notice but now i can't stop looking at it wondering what it could be up there for, lol!

10. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Well Liz is the cause of the trash can in the tree. there are actually 3 of these trash cans out there. They were supposed to be hay feeders to keep the hay off the ground, you can see by the pictures that they didn't work as such. I actually found one of the girls pulling ALL the hay out and eating it off the ground. It was supposed to help with waste. I am presently making a full bale feeder and they better not do the same with it.

I really love that Nigerian but it will take a bit of work to get her to come around. She hasn't been handled a whole lot and it does show. I'm going to see if apples will help calm her down enough to get her halter off and do some work on her feet. They are atrocious.

11. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Pretty Girls!

I think the trash can would have worked if you hadn't cut such a big hole. lol. Maybe two mouth sized holes the next time you try because that is a good idea!

12. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    Or maybe cover the hole with a piece of woven wire fencing or a piece of mesh from a small mesh hay net... like this sort of idea:

http://www.chicksaddlery.com/Merchant2/ ... ode=SF1801