Introducing myself and.. more importantly.. my goat

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by QotL, May 28, 2008.

1. QotL

QotL New Member

May 27, 2008
    I seem to be having trouble posting, so I apologize if I double post this.

I've been lurking for a little while, so thought it was time I introduced myself! My name is Meghan, and we live here in beautiful Maine. We just bought our first goat this past weekend, and I think she's turning dh into a goat convert, so hopefully we can get a friend for her soon. She's a Alpine mix (the prev. owner said nubian also.. but I don't see it :shrug: ). So far she's really shy, since she was just running in a pen with the other goats. She's really sweet, but even the cat scares her. She does let me pet her a little though, and I've been bribing her with a few cheerios.

I also live with an awesome dh, 2 kids (ds is 6, dd is 4), two dogs, a gaggle of cats, and the chickens.

2. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    Welcome Meghan
    Goats are totally addictive! We started with one and are now up to five. They really like to be with friends so be on the lookout for a playmate!! What is your goat's name? She is beautiful. I sometimes bribe mine with animal crackers!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    welcome! :wave:

she is a pretty thing.

Note: goats are addictive
  4. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Welcome!! Glad to have you here! Your goat is very cute!! I started out with just one as well many years ago....earlier this spring I was up to about 45. :roll:
  5. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    Your goat is so pretty!!! They are very addictive!
  6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Hello - :wave:

Your goat definately is a cutie!!!

I started with 4 weed eaters in August, and at one time was up to over 20 (babies included) - now I am back to 13 of my own! With 8 being pregnant oh and the 8 sheep - 5 are pregnant! LOL!

You will have a herd yet!
  7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    :wave: :wave: Welcome aboard. Seem like you know a little about goats already. Have you had them before??

I agree with the others, she is sure a sweet looking girl, but she will be better once she had another goat friend. They are herd animals and they love to have a buddy.

What a face.
  8. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Welcome from the other end of the country- she is very sweet looking- I love her coloring.
    I bet she will start looking forward to your visits with her very fast.
  9. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Welcome!!! :wave:
    Your goat is such a cutie!!!! :)
  10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    WELCOME!! Does she have a pretty name to match her pretty face?
  11. QotL

QotL New Member

May 27, 2008
    Thanks for the welcome guys!!

Sadly at this point she is a lone goat, but I try to hang out with her about every hour, even if I'm just sitting up there keeping her company. Dh didn't really want a goat, so I'm trusting her to win him over so we can get her a buddy (so far I think it's working lol!). And I'm sorta hoping she's pregnant, although I have no idea.. because if she kids the baby will stay. She is also near the chickens, although they are rather noisy neighbors :ROFL:

We did have goats when I little, so I am somewhat familiar with them.. although they were my parents' responsibility. And those goats ran free all the time lol! They were awesome, but I think dh would shoot me if our goat starts climbing on our cars. I have fond memories of our house goat Puddles (wonder why we my sister and I named her that :) ), and our wether Fudgicle.

So far I'm calling her Loopa (I think she looks like an american antelope.. or a thompson's gazelle with different coloring), although I'm not sure if that name will stick.

Look forward to picking your brains on goats, and seeing all your cute baby pics on this forum! I'm glad to have found you folks.

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Welcome to the Goat Spot!!! You have a very pretty goat there :)
  13. Candy

Candy New Member

Welcome Megan :) :wave: I'm also a 'newbie', but the people in the Goat Spot make you feel right at home. I have 2 does and they gave me 3 wonderful little ones last month. I just know that you and dh are going to add to your goat population VERY soon. Yes, they are addictive! :thumbup:
  14. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Hi from PA! Oh she's adorable! She should come around soon, their curiosity won't let them be standoffish too long.

Now, remember, you can blame alot of stuff on us..."we are really concerned for the welfare of your goat, because she NEEDS a friend" Notice I said "needs" as opposed to "wants"...we all "want" stuff, that stuff can wait, but what we "need" we should get pretty soon. That usually works for me. :slapfloor: And really we're only talking about 1 more goat! :ROFL:

Welcome to TGS,
  15. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    He there Meghan!! Glad to have you with us! Your girls is such a cutie!!
    Goats are just soooo much fun! :leap: