The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have my two doelings in their own pen with a small patch of pasture. I also have a small pen next to it I use at my quarantine pen. I got a call asking if a friend could keep her goat and lamb at my barn for a week. These two are coming from a community barn for the school with about 20 other goats and lambs. Should I let them stay for the week? I'm worried about mine getting sick and they are way too expensive for anything like that. Are there any precautions I should take and consider? Thanks!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Could you put them in the QT pen maybe?

·
Banned
988 Posts
Does the QT pen connect to your other pens? If so if it was me I wouldn't do it. My QT pen is roughly 100 yards from my big herds pasture. They cant even see one another if I have a goat in the QT pen. If your pens don't connect then I might consider it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our qt pen is next to the other but has plywood all around except for the side that isn't facing any goats. It's not very big so I don't know how a lamb and goat would do in it for a week

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the little girls pen. The qt pen is to the left behind the big gate. I let them out in a 1/2 acre pen for a couple hours a day and put them in the small area at night

Attachments

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
Not something I would ever allow. The only animals that are not ours that are allowed to come onto the property are animals that we have sold and the owners dont have other livestock. Its good to be nice but its not something your friend should of even asked you to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts