Introducing - new pics page 3

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by kelebek, Jul 24, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So I decided to trade my little Comet for a registered Nubian doe.... I know - I am downsizing - but it is so much easier if I need to to sell a Nubian doe then a Nigi buckling - so I did - and here is the other thing - she is in with a buck right now to be bred as a FF at 1 1/2 years old.

2008 - L.A. +EcVV (she was no more then 8 months when she had her appraisal because she was born in April - but not sure when LA was completed)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pedigree of tumbles - http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail. ... N001441045

Hildago - buck she is currently penned with for breeding.....

[​IMG]

He only had two doelings last year for his first breeding cycle and they retained one doeling that appraised at VEcEc-FS Ec

Buck appraised at -
    1-04 +++ 83

Pedigree of buck - http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail. ... N001422339

Tumble's Half Sister (sire side) as a second freshner and milking 9 pounds a day during 1st and 2nd freshning!! This picture is as a FF

Linear appraisal 2008 - 84 +++V

[​IMG]

I am super excited!! :stars:

2. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Re: Introducing -

As I already told you......... I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: And I think you made a GREAT deal!!!!! :leap:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

You have every reason to be excited! She's GORGEOUS!!! And should definately be giving you some equally gorgeous kids :leap:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

congrats -- dont know a thing about appraisals but its cool she was appraised.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Linear Appraisal on the Nubians is a huge thing here - but not on the other breeds to my knowledge but definately not on the nigis..... so I don't know anything about it either. I do know that the dam to bucky appraised out at a 91 or 93 (100 being "perfect") but don't know the letters and what not

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

A huge Congrats...she is very nice and breeding her to that buck.. :shocked: there will be great kids coming ........... :wink: :greengrin: :thumbup:

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

She's lovely! I think you made a GREAT deal!

8. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa

She's adorable :love: I love the spots!

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Thanks!!!

Her coloring is exactly what I have been wanting in a Nubi. I was on the waitlist for one like this to be born - and she just wasn't there this year - but it all worked out!!

10. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

Congrats! She's a pretty kid! :)

11. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

I see spots in your future! very flashy!! :wink:

12. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Hey i know that buck, havnt seen him sinse he was about two months old though. He sure has gotten big. I know his dam and sire quite well. And i think you got a steal of the deal! She is a really nice little doe.
    beth

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Oh Sparks - I am SOOOO glad to hear that!!! I just had it in my head that I really needed to get Comet a home before I had to wether him and thought that would be a good deal cause regardless I could get more off of a reg Nubi doe then a Nigi wether.... but the more I am finding out about this gal - I am REALLY liking the deal I made!

14. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Yup, i dont know a thing about the does lines but she is a pretty thing. As for Hifalgo i know his breeder well. Was a roomate with her for awhile. hidalgo was y pick of her kids that year. was so glad when he found a breeding home. His dam is a really nice tall leggy doe. Sire is probably one of the smaller nubian bucks i have seen but sequin is quite stylish.
    beth

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Congratulations, What a beautiful doe. Looks like they will make beautiful babies. :cool:

16. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Congratulations on your stunning girl-what a wonderful addition!

17. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Heres some pictures of the parents of the buck Curtesy of jen tarlton, celtic-stars.com

Attached Files:

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Oh my - they are gorgeous - thank you so much for finding those for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Re: Introducing -

Well, I am not a dairy person but I think they are just georgous!

Love your new babies and their parents.

20. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

I think she is beautiful Allison :love:

I posted a thread in Dairy Diaries explaining the scores for LA :)