Introducing our new man Twelve Acre Walker

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by hphorses, May 13, 2010.

1. hphorses

hphorses New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Waldron, SK. Canada
    Here is Walker he is a yearling buckling. we went and picked him up today, the girls are smitten with him!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He's not very friendly but man oh man do the raisons work even our wild girls are willing to steal a raison from my hand.. lol and poor Walker I went out and they were all way down on the south side of the pasture and I said "Hey girls" and it was like a stamped of goats coming at me and they left him down there he didn't know what to do so came running too so I am thinking just a matter of time and he will be friendly too! and probably just in time to catch him and get him out so he is not with the girls all the time.

Tara

2. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Oh man he is a looker. He is built like a tank. Our goats all love raisins and I end up with hoof prints on my legs and back. Congrats on the new guy.

3. Itchysmom

Itchysmom New Member

Apr 2, 2010
    Washington
    What a good loking young man you have there!

4. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Thanks for the laugh - I have a vision in my mind of him standing there wondering where the heck all his girls went!!!

Congrats - he's a little tank!

5. hphorses

hphorses New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Waldron, SK. Canada
    Thanks for the compliments guys, we think he's a pretty cool dude too! and lol Trace it made me laugh too, he couldn't believe his eyes when they all came running to the dreaded human and left him standing there, he thought their world was revolving around him LOL

Tara

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Nice buck ...congrats... :thumb:

7. Perfect7

Perfect7 New Member

Apr 19, 2010
    South Georgia
    Wowsers, look at the size of those feet! I think he's gonna make some big babies!

8. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Must have been that ear piercing and those nifty looking horns.....;-). He's a nice looking buck, congratulations.

9. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

That thing is a yearling!? Lol! He's huge!

10. hphorses

hphorses New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Waldron, SK. Canada
    So he is a nice buck and you guys are not pulling my chain???? remember we are new to goats and am hoping we made a good choice on him.

Tara

11. CindyS

CindyS New Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I dont know much about boer goats but he looks nice and wide in the chest area and is nice and big boned. BUT, I wonder about his topline, Im sure its fine but it has quite a dip to it.

12. hphorses

hphorses New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Waldron, SK. Canada
    Hmm ok I was wondering about his top line as well.. It doesn't seem as dipped now as it did when we first got him could it be a growing thing or a nerves thing? I should get some new pictures of him.. But for breeding commercial goats if that is a conformation fault in him will it cause us problems raising commercial meat??

Tara