The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Chloe will be 8 months old the 10th and Amyah will be 8 months old the 30th so i figured it was time to introduce them to the herd. I put Bailey (Amyahs mom) in with them to get them used to her and in a lil bit I'm going to put Miss Dot in with Emma, Emma is the Queen and she's a B and I tried putting Miss Dot in with Emma and Bailey but they just beat her up so what i thought i'd do is put Bailey with Chloe and Amyah and Miss Dot with emma and see how that goes so it's not so much introduction at once. And Tristan is going in with token. He's not going to be happy he's used to being with Emma they have only been seperated for a few months when he got old enough to breed but was put back in with her like 3 months later cause she was ready to breed so he's used to being with her but i need to get him seperated now she is due in april. Hopefully no one ends up too stressed but i have got to get all the does together and the boys together..

·
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks girls. I need to go ahead and get it done before the babies arrive so they can have Chloe and Amyahs spot. It shouldn't go too bad cause all along they've been able to see and hear each other so hopefully it goes ok.

·
Registered
757 Posts
What has worked best for us is to use a dog kennel in the area wherever they will be for about 2-3 days. That way they can smell through the cage, sometimes push against it with their heads etc. When it comes time to go ahead and let them out its been a very easy transition. We are doing this with all our new entries even if its the moms with their new babies. We had such awful fighting trying to get them back in the herd that we even had one doe get a horn knocked off! The cage has been wonderful.

·
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have been in adjoining pens always..there is a fence that runs down the middle to seperate and inside the barn they are seperated by a short bard that has fence on the top..so they've always been able to smell.
Clearwtrbeach..i'm still on everyday..just not a hundred posts a day lol..yeah actually i'm doing great..it was warm so i got some of the goats out and we played for a bit...thank you though for asking :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts