Iris Kidded!! Two Bucks, One Doe, All Blue-Eyed! :)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by capriola-nd, Feb 27, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Iris kidded yesterday afternoon. She had triplets, two bucks one doe. ALL have blue eyes! :D Beautiful babies. One of the boys was big and healthy, the other two were pretty weak. My aunt tube-fed the two smaller ones.

I went out to see them early this afternoon and had a huge scare! The beautiful baby doe looked close to death. She even felt stiff, very cold. I thought for sure it was too late. So, I put her under the heat lamp and just prayed that if she was going to die, just go quickly or come back quick. After a couple seconds, I could see she still had a little fight in her. So, I ran inside and dunked her in a hot bath for about 10 minutes and then took the hair-dryer and dried her up real good. Gave her about 9cc colostrum supplement and snuggled her nice and warm. I ended up taking her home w/ me and she's on my lap right now. She drank from the bottle really well. I am so glad I didn't give up on her!!

I tried to get Lyla to take her and she might do it but is not so sure. Any tips on that? Should I put some Vicks on her nose and the baby's butt?? She just smells her and then smells her own doe kid and is like "that one is not mine!"

The two boys are doing well and nursing real good, so I left them at the farm. They are all really pretty and I am pretty sure they are all reserved already. :)

I will take pics of the baby girl later, when she is more settled in. The boys, I didn't get pics of -- was too busy playing "Goat 911." ;) One boy is gold w/ minimal white on side. Girl is chamoisee w/ white; frosting around nose and ears, other boy I have to look at some more before deciding, he's mostly white w/ some random spots.

2. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    Re: Iris Kidded!!

Congratulations on the new babies. Hopefully mama will take her back but if not I am sure you will be a good mama to her.Can't wait for pictures.

3. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Oh I am so glad she is doing better! Keep us posted! And I can't wait to see pics :leap:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I am sorry ..you had a bad episode.. .... :( keep us updated

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

good reaction! Praying she continues to do well.

6. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Montana

I'm glad she's doing better. If these were my goats, I'd make the doeling a bottle baby and let Iris raise the boys. I don't like to risk the chance of losing the girls and also they are much tamer if bottle fed.

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Yeah, I am going to keep her a bottle-baby. Iris doesn't seem to have enough milk to raise triplets, especially w/ two little piggie boys. :roll:

Tried to get Lyla to take her and she wouldn't have anything to do w/ it. I even rubbed the Vicks, didn't work. So, this girl is for sure bottle-baby. She's so cute though, so it'll be worth it. :)

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!!!! :boy: :boy: :girl:

9. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
  10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas