The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was just about to give my Nigerian doe a dose of iron injectable, as she has been anemic for quite some time even having been wormed repeatedly, treated for cocci, and dosed with red cell for a long time. :/ I even had the needle in her when I realized I don't know if it's supposed to be given IM or subQ. :confused: I was just assuming it could be given subQ but I'm not sure. And also just wanted to make sure the dosage is the same on this kind of iron injectable, cause all I could find was the dosage for Ferrodex. Thanks

image-618387142.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I would think the dose would be the same, just thought I should check, just in case. If no one knows, I'll probably go ahead and give it at the Ferrodex dosage. :)

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I went ahead and gave it to her, but she was thrashing the whole time, and I'm afraid I accidentally injected a lot if not all of it into her skin instead of under it. :( I'm pretty sure most of it leaked out as soon as I finished. :/ :GAAH:

So I wondered if I should give her another full dose (injected properly of course) or wait a week and then do it? (I was told iron injectable is once a week dosage)

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, I'll wait, I was thinking it would be better to anyway. I really hate giving shots. :/
Thank you for responding. :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Don't want to hijack the thread but can you give iron injection to prego does ? And I do also need the dosage. Thanks

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The dosage I found for the Ferrodex brand is 4cc per 100 lbs.
I haven't heard that you can't give it to pregnant does, mine is so I hope it's okay! ;) I'm pretty sure it is.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts