Is anyone else having very slooooow movement in the Spot?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by enjoytheride, Jan 26, 2008.

1. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I have been having an increasing hard time accessing Goat Spot threads- it takes so long that I frequently get logged out.
    If no one else is having a problem, then I'm afraid that I might have picked up a virus. I seem to be able to access other websites pretty normally though.

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    It has been suuuuper slow for me too. It has been this way every since the snowflakes came back.

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    It's very frustrating as I love to post congrats to people re their new kids but I don't dare access the pictures as I will get shoved off. But it's good to hear someone else is slow- I hate to have to wipe my drive and reset everything up if I have a virus- took hours and hours last time.

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Viruses STINK! I know what you mean. I have high speed and it is still slow.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    they are working on something with the servers.

The snowflakes are on the portal/ home page so that shouldn't effect how quickly you access the threads, unless you go through the home page each time.

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I do go through the home page each time. lol

7. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I have old timey slow dial up- in fact the county here keeps having conferences on trying to get high speed out to 90% of the people who live in the hills.
    I founf it helps to log in on someother page but the home page but if I get bounced to the home page, I have to access tools and clear the history, cookies and passwords before I can get started again.

Opps Stacey- I was posting at the same time- but it does slow up going to the threads for me- I think the problem is the cookies.

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok I'll take my lovely snow flakes off - now know I am doing this all for you enjoy - :D

9. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Stacey your too fast for me-lol This is like haveing a conversation with astronauts on the moon- there's a serious time delay.

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I am rather bored tonight - should get to bed because I have to be up and at church by 9:20am

how is it working for you now?

11. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Is it just a delusion of speed?

No It's not- it is faster- thank you and go to bed- you don't want to explain falling asleep in church- lol

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well I am glad it is now faster for you - I will nix doing the fun stuff :( oh well

13. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I'm moving at warp speed now- but I am sorry your snow flakes are gone- I liked them too. :snow:

14. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    Yeah...I get booted out everyonce in a while, but mostly it is just randomly SO slow!!!Lol!!! :shock: :)

15. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah me to but thats ok, best to have members able to access the site freely without problems.

16. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Been super slow for me too at times. Seems once it finally downloads it gets faster.