The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My farm supply has stopped selling all but purina noble goat and dumor goat formula. My girls are pregnant and I think I read that the noble goat was bad for them since its medicated. Do any of you have experience with dumor? Is it safe for pregnancy? Thanks!

· I'm watching you
22,734 Posts
I mix my own. Right now my girls are eating a mix of whole oats and rolled barley. They get free choice alfalfa pellets, some orchard grass hay, free choice minerals and kelp meal.

· Registered
582 Posts
We have an all in one, beetpulp, BOSS, grass hay pellets mix feed for all of our goats. They love it and look excellent on it. They only get a handful or 2 every night when they get their coats put on. They also get Alfalfa hay and free choice minerals daily.

· Registered
43 Posts
I have had no trouble with Dumor, though I recently switched to mixing my own because it's cheaper for me here (be really careful if you do your own, it's easy to get ratios and balances way off without a lot of research, and it's not always cheaper)...

I do personally try to stay away from anything that is medicated unless it's necessary. All it does is build resistant bugs, then when a goat does get sick, none of your meds will work when you really do need them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.