is it normal???

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sdshoars, Dec 9, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Elko, Nevada
    my one doeling, maple, has not come into heat as far as i can tell, and i keep a really close eye on her. she was born mid april, and she weighs about 95lbs... she spent the last 14 days with a buck, and he didnt act like she was cycling either... i know a cycle is 21 days, but i couldnt handle the guy, he had to go home early. is it normal that she hasnt cycled yet? and theycan cycle all the way into february right? this is soooo frustrating!!! :GAAH:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she could be a silent heat type goat. If so the buck would have noticed and easily bred her. They can be sneeky and do it at night and you would never know.

3. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Yeah, it's normal. Some does are late bloomers and don't come into heat until they are 10-12 months. And, yeah...most does will cycle into jan/feb...just try to be patient with her...lol :)

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Yep that is what i was going to say. I had a goat at my place that I was breeding and she was with me for 2-1/2 months. I never saw her cycle. I called the owner and she said that she never let you know she was in heat. I was really happy about that because I thought maybe my big boy was changing his mind about her. NOPE she is getting fat she told me.

5. sdshoars

sdshoars New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Elko, Nevada
    so irritating!!! i dont think she got bred (but i dont know anything!) because when daisy got bred, the way her hoo-haa looks changed. it is all puffy compared to how it looked before she was bred. will the way it looks change on all does, or just some?

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I always notice a change in the "cha-cha" area, even if a little change, it'll look somewhat different, more puffy. But that is just what I've noticed with our does.

7. sdshoars

sdshoars New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Elko, Nevada
    wouldnt you know it? hubby just called and said shes in heat ,and i just ook the buck home three days ago. so now i get to go drive 80 miles tonight to get her some lovin'. oh well, i guess you get what you ask for.

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh NO!!! Becareful on your drive! I have a few does that hide their heats, others that there is NO doubt and then even others that the cha cha doesn't change until they are going to pop and yet others that look preggers by the cha cha that aren't - LOL! I just did bloodtests on 12 and only 3 were preggers - I swore 10 were preggers

9. sdshoars

sdshoars New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Elko, Nevada
    well i had to leave her overnight, she wasnt in standing heat when we got her there, but the breeder said she was mounting all the othe does and acting crazy this morning. she said the buck got the job done, she's got the sticky tail, so my hubby is going to go pick her up! so here's to goat babies 5/9/09! and daisy's are due 4/10/09! hooray! at least that gives me a little time to adjust to the first set. and dh's parents will come somewhere around that time, so they will get to see goatbabies!!!

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    cool, congrats on the breeding.

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Woo Hoo!!! Congrats on the breedings