The Goat Spot Forum banner

Should we start Goat of the Month again?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No..

• Absolutly not!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I noticed that TGS used to have a Goat of the Month Thread. It was started in 2013, but canceled in 2016. Since 2016, it is easy to tell that TGS has grown to have many more wonderful members with many more goats to share! Is it time to try the Goat of the Month again?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had it, however, it came to be too much for us to keep up with.
Not sure if we will reopen it, sadly. :(
That's a shame. Would it be too difficult to open a new forum (or even better, sub-forum) where TGS members could vote on photos?
I don't know anything about how difficult it is to be a Moderator, but I'm thankful there are Moderators to keep TGS safe and help it's members. :)

·
Administrator
84,617 Posts
No, that would not work.
Forums do cost money, we have our paying members, which help keep the forum going and we appreciate them all.

Being a moderator is a lot of work.
We are volunteers and do not get paid for our time here on TGS.
We just love helping others. ;)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see. It’s a shame but I totally understand the reason why it can’t be done. I was just wondering, if you don’t mind me asking, what all goes into becoming a moderator? It looks tough and it looks like a TON of work. Is it true that you must review all new posts and threads, or is there a lot more to it than that?
Thanks for being great moderators though! :)

·
Administrator
84,617 Posts
:up:What Karen said.

We have authority to ban members, who are going against the rules and will not hear our warnings prior and continue this behavior.
We can rid spam ect as well as others major things, which may pop up.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You moderators really are so helpful, and keep this site working great!
I was just thinking..I’ve never even seen TGS rules. I just *try* to make it a general rule to *try* to be kind and on-topic all the time..but I've never seen/looked for an exact rule or guidelines page. Hoping I haven’t broken any rules...(shy)

·
Administrator
84,617 Posts
Thank you. :)

The rules link below.
Some things need updating, we haven't been able to do so, as the new ownership said some things were OK. So we are kinda confused ourselves.
We will let you know if you do something bad. ;)

https://www.thegoatspot.net/threads/rules.103532/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts