The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm driving myself crazy! For a week now every time I look at my for I say to me self "yup I give it 12 hours and I'll have kids on the ground"... And everyday I'm disappointed. I'm starting to wonder if I'm imagining labor signs. So I want y'alls opinion. My doe is alpine/oberhasli cross, 6 years old and this will be her first freshening. She was in with a buck between Sept and Oct. Which would put her due date between now and mid march. She started bagging up about 2 weeks ago. And over the past week her cooch has become flopy, ligs have loosened and disappeared yesterday. For 3 days she has kept to her self (not normal, she is very attached to her brother who is weithered) she is still eating fine if not more. She started to look sunken in 2 days ago and started stretching a butt. this morning I caught her having what looked like a few contraction. No mucus or anything yet...this isn't my fist time having kids but I've never had one show so many signs and take so long. What do y'all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
Yep, sounds like the code to me too, my goats have been pulling it on me all month and this is their 2nd freshening!! But, she does look pretty close probably not much more than a week or so. :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so now I'm like confused...been keeping a close eye on her and today it doesn't even look like she's pregnant! Or at least not like last week and yes I checked the pen and no sign of babies. Did they drop and that's why she looks thinner? I've had goats for 10 years and I guess I never really payed as much attention as I am with her

Attachments

·
Registered
11,199 Posts
It does look like the kids dropped, giving her that hollowed out appearance in front of the hips. However, her udder doesn't look anywhere near ready! Some does don't fill their udder tight before kidding but many do and hers looks like it could have a couple more weeks to go! Unfortunately it's just impossible to guess without a due date.

Best of luck for a healthy, easy kidding!

Also, it looks like your doe could use some copper supplementation. Does she have loose minerals available? Do you ever give copper boluses or any other type of mineral supplements?

·
Goat Crazy!
6,475 Posts
Her right side still has a lovely baby bump. She just looks thinner to you because the babies are moving into position.

Keep us posted!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts