The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1 1/2 year old nigerian dwarf that was supposed to be 4 1/2 months pregnant a week ago. When we got her home, she looked kinda round up close, but now, she does not look really big (like in all the pregnant goat pics :). Under her hip bone on her right side is sort of sunken in --any indication? She is still skittish, being new and all so I cannot get up close to feel or inspect really well. I am wondering if she is just having a single or what--her breeder said that is what she had on her last birth. I was really looking forward to this baby so I'm keeping my fingers crossed--hoping for promising help!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
well, i guess you'll know in the next week or so. it sounds like she may have dropped which would correspond to her due date. probably a single if she wasn't/isnt huge. got any pictures? hope all goes as planned.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a million!
Another worry I had is that her udder has not started to show at all! Is this normal for some goats?
Not quite sure about the pics, I am really new to this :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah, Does anyone have tips on taming skittish goats?
The doe that (I hope) is pregnant has warmed up slightly but still walks or runs away when I come too close. Also she is being bullied by our other goats especially my other nigerian who keeps butting her. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts