The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Jarmon
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to this forum and actually pretty new to the whole goat thing as well and I was wondering if I attached some pics if you guys could tell me if my goat looks pregnant. Any other advice you guys might have for a first time goat guy would also be appreciated. Have a look thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Can you get a close up of her vulva? That is the picture we need to tell :)

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
From the picture, she looks pretty swollen back there, so I can gunna think yes she is, but I will wait to see the close up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'll say yes, she is pregnant! :D Looks like maybe twins or triplets, too! Lol. Welcome to the goat world, by the way! :3

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Her vulva looks pretty poofy, so she is probably close.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Her vulva appears to be pointing up... So usually that means no.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Right, no she doesn't look pregnant.

She could just be fat, OR she has a large rumen.

·
city-turned-country girl
1,137 Posts
She looks pregnant to me! Can you watch and see if she comes into heat? If she does, than she isn't pregnant.

·
Jarmon
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya I've had her for 3 months and haven't noticed her in heat, but there is also some of my other goats that can't be bread yet and I haven't noticed them in heat either.

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
This is the wrong section for your question...try again in "waiting room" in the breeding section. Has your doe had access to a buck? Was she supposed to be pregnant when you bought her? What breed? Kids are carried on the right side of the doe (rumen on the left), I can usually feel life well into month 3. But, if she's wild that will be tough. Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts