The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,279 Posts
Molly’s can be double dosed (both formulas together) for 3 days then single dosed for another 2 days but it still isn’t highly effective.

I would start on red raspberry leaves to soothe hormones.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 10 month old doelings went into heat for the first time a couple months ago. Their personality changes wildly from sweet and demure when not in heat to raging hormones when in heat, bleating constantly and louder than I've ever heard (screaming with tongue out lol), frantically pacing for their buck, and also cantankerous and rebellious. They also refuse to eat their grain portion during that time which is highly unusual for them since they scarf it down all other times. It was concerning the first time it happened! It happens every 20 days for me and only lasts 2 days at a time, thank gawd :) Hopefully that is what it is. Good luck--keep a calendar to check their cycle and verify them acting weird every 20ish days and maybe get a fecal done to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That is exactly what she does. She has calmed down though, and is eating her grain again. (woo) Thanks guys for the help!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts